my system - page 3

rfb:
It is not a grail, there is no Grail, it is just one type of 'the' successful systems. Not far in time before forex went in public for all this was the only successful system for the financial institutions and traders 'in'. Short movie reference how was: "Dealers '1989".

I perfectly understand that. Sorry if the term 'pseudo grail' was missleading. Lets call it 'lookalike-grail', i guess it would not even worked if you have started it in 2003. Most likely because of requotes/slippage at those gaps.

Reminds me on my early days in forex/automated trading -> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/126819

ubzen: Which of my templates did you use. The 1st(Random), 2nd(System14) or 3rd(Oscar_Grind)?

First one, and first line which I changed was instead of modifying sent order for sl-tp, replaced that into sending another stop-order.

(Sry for that, thats my practice, I am from old traders ;), we're never placing stops or tp)

rfb:

First one, and first line which I changed was instead of modifying sent order for sl-tp, replaced that into sending another stop-order.

(Sry for that, thats my practice, I am from old traders ;), we're never placing stops or tp)

Don't worry I'm not a big fan of Stop-Loss or Take-Profit Orders either (unless capital-preservation becomes more important to me than capital-growth ) ;).

1.) lots, changed from martingale into 1% risk from account. On that note, explain this. Does it mean you size the orders to use 1% of margin? Or does it mean you close-out the series when the combine loss-of-all orders or a single order == 1% of account?

When do you reverse? When a profit-level or % is hit. Or when the Gap-level is hit? Seems like Gap_Level if we're talking about Scalping here.

zzuegg: ... 2003. Most likely because of requotes/slippage at those gaps. -> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/126819

I'll put on more periods (now)... for convenience, but don't take a word for time -)

rfb:

I'll put on more periods (now)... for convenience, but don't take a word for time -)

Try January 1, 2012 ---> Today. Perhaps the scroll-back button on your broker chart will give you the necessary data if you don't already have.

ubzen: 1.) size the orders to use 1% of margin?

... When a profit-level or % is hit. Or when the Gap-level is hit? Seems like Gap_Level if we're talking about Scalping here.

1.) ...size the orders to use 1% of margin?

- 1 order 1%, (that's a lot) pending order (one) + 1 %

2) When do you reverse?

- I told ;), none from both, but when condition for opposite direction has been met (that's sell HIGH) Gap is just a choice for the limit order

ubzen:

Try January 1, 2012 ---> Today. Perhaps the scroll-back button on your broker chart will give you the necessary data if you don't already have.
I know that - this strategy is called flat by old terms, on situations like 2012: of course it will need (I would put) +5 lines for filter (replacement of detection with eyes)

rfb:
I know that - this strategy is called flat by old terms, on situations like 2012: of course it will need (I would put) +5 lines for filter (replacement of detection with eyes)
So you need to decide manually if the market is in a Range before using your EA?

ubzen: So you need to decide manually if the market is in a Range before using your EA?
;) Now you smiled me (friendly). Did computers'd teach you or you teach and create (I worked with hardware).

rfb:
;) Now you smiled me (friendly). Did computers'd teach you or you teach and create (I worked with hardware).
Hahahaha.... What good is an Expert-Advisor which cannot detect the conditions with-in which it should trade.
Reason: