Printing Cyrillic (Russian) Characters in MetaEditor 4

Dear All,

I'm having some serious problems printing Russian Cyrillic characters in MetaEditor 4. The Russian displays correctly inside the editor, but when I attempt to print it, it comes out as gibberish. It's the same also when I do "Print Preview", i.e. it also shows it as gibberish even before sending it to the printer.

I tried the following:

1. Installed Russian language pack in Windows 7, and changed Windows display language to Russian.

2. I tried to change to a different font in MetaEditor settings, with "Script" always being set to 'Cyrillic'.

3. I've tried to configure my printer and look for any font options there, but there were none. However since it shows as gibberish even in 'Print Preview' mode, then it's obviously a software side problem, and not in printer or it's drivers.

None of the above helped, and I am at a loss! I can't seem to find any way for the Russian characters to print correctly.

Can anyone help??

Thanks,

nanquan

r u able to print in russian at all (from other software) ?

Yeah, via MS Word 2010 I have no problem at all printing Russian. This problem is only with MetaEditor as far as I can tell...

Irritatiing solution copy and paste to word then print, but I suspect that wont work as the problem lies in how the computer is interpriting code caracters into printable characters which comes down to True Type or loaded font.

Copy-Pasting into Notepad/MS Word did not work, but I actually managed to figure this out!

I tried to copy-paste into Notepad++, and it came out as gibberish as well. However, in Notepad++ you have the option under 'Encoding' to choose 'Character Sets'. I chose under 'Cyrillic' -> 'Windows-1251', and then it worked; Russian characters both displayed correctly, and I was able to print them also.

I also managed to figure out how to resolve this from within MetaEditor 4 itself.

In Windows 7 Control Panel, you have to go to:

'Change display language' -> 'Administrative' -> 'Language for non-Unicode programs' -> 'Change system locale...' -> Choose 'Russian (Russia)'.

After that just restart, and you can print Russian from within MetaEditor 4 no problems!

Hope this helps people who have a similar problem!

nanquan

Reason: