Making money on forex is impossible - page 39

simpleton:
That's another question. Because there was a dogma going around that you can't do without a stop, and who says you can - haven't seen minute candles at 2.5 figures and so on...
I just like taking big risks. i usually use at least 5%. that's my style. i normally use less than 5% and that's my style. i don't like big risks, they don't tickle my nerves at all and i don't want to trade. i got pissed off last month and i wanted to quit forex. i opened a position with a 100% risk. this time i was unlucky to part with forex. i robbed my broker to the same value as my deposit. i don't think i'll get lucky the fourth time around).

I wonder if anyone has noticed that a normal candlestick chart is a lost-information chart. What is meant is this: for high and low values the time values are not remembered, i.e. it is not known which of them was formed earlier in time and which later, not to mention the time values themselves.

-Aleksey-:
I wonder if anybody has noticed that a normal candlestick chart is a losing chart. I mean the following: for high and low values the time values are not remembered, i.e. we don't know which of them was formed earlier in time and which was formed later, to say nothing of the time values themselves.

Great, a lot of people don't even think about it ... one more question to add to the pile

Who ever paid attention to the fact that in MT there is never a situation when Clouse of the previous bar is equal to Open of the next one? And if you take Dukascopy (Quik, NT, etc.) this situation is very frequent...

Prival:

Who ever paid attention to the fact that in MT there is never a situation when Clouse of the previous bar is equal to Open of the next one? And if you take Dukascopy (Quik, NT, etc.) this situation is very frequent...

Ostap has gone too far.

TheXpert:

Ostap's got a bit of a head start.

Thanks, so Renat did it after all. Fixed it. Strange, there was an event-driven model, a new bar used to start building only when a new tick came, and a new tick was only formed if the price changed...

It's been a long time since I've used a MT. Thanks for the update. It's getting better, though, little by little.

Z.U. Can you check it out with a script? Eyes can be deceiving, visually they seem to match. Just run the script Close[1]=Open[0]. Thanks in advance.

Prival:

It's been a long time since I've used MT. Thanks for the enlightenment. It's getting better, though, little by little.

It depends on the broker. If the spread is market-based, it will be. If it's fixed, it won't.

TheXpert:
It depends on the broker. If the spread is market-based, everything will be there. If it's fixed, it won't.

Z.I. Can you use a script to check. Eyes can be deceiving, visually they seem to match. Just run the script Close[1]=Open[0]. Thanks in advance.

Prival:

Thanks, so Renat did it after all. Fixed it. It's strange, there was an event-driven model, a new bar used to start building only with the arrival of a new tick, and a new tick was formed only if the price changed...

It's been a long time since I've used MT. Thanks for the enlightenment. It's getting better, though, little by little.

Z.U. Can you check with the script. Eyes can be deceiving, visually they seem to match. Just run the script Close[1]=Open[0]. Thanks in advance.

script attached
Files:
vv.mq4  2 kb

Prival:
Z.I. Can you use a script to check. Eyes can be deceiving, visually they seem to match. Just run the script Close[1]=Open[0]. Thanks in advance.
It's ok ) I checked the numbers, not just with my eyes

tara:

Sergey, are you absolutely sure that no one here is familiar with Renko?

I am sure that there are those who know. Not all of them, because most of them here use MT (candlesticks only).

For many, Volfix, with its variety of charts, will be a big revelation. But to think that no one here has used (is using) this platform would be nonsense.

Reason: