Download MetaTrader 5

Discussion of article "Writing an Expert Advisor using the MQL5 Object-Oriented Programming approach"

To add comments, please log in or register
Trade like successful traders - subscribe to their signals!
MetaQuotes Software Corp.
MetaQuotes Software Corp. 2010.07.12 17:51 

New article Writing an Expert Advisor using the MQL5 Object-Oriented Programming approach is published:

This article focuses on the object oriented approach to doing what we did in the article "Step-By-Step Guide to writing an Expert Advisor in MQL5 for Beginners" - creating a simple expert advisor. Most people think this is difficult, but I want to assure you that by the time you finish reading through this article, you will be able to write your own Expert Advisor which is object oriented based.

Author: Samuel

Paul Anscombe
Paul Anscombe 2012.03.24 11:08  

Hi  thanks for the well laid out example.

But I have to ask is it right?  

In the EA it is checking for a trade opportunity at the start of each new bar. 

In the class function  getbuffers() it retrieves the last 3 bars data starting at the current bar 0 which has only just been formed and therefore the value is errornous.

void MyExpert::getBuffers()
  {
   if(CopyBuffer(ADX_handle,0,0,3,ADX_val)<0 || CopyBuffer(ADX_handle,1,0,3,plus_DI)<0
      || CopyBuffer(ADX_handle,2,0,3,minus_DI)<0 || CopyBuffer(MA_handle,0,0,3,MA_val)<0)

Should it not be retrieving the last 3 bars indicator data starting at position 1?

thanks

Hamed Tabasi
Hamed Tabasi 2013.01.19 16:16  

Great Article Samuel

Thank you in advance for this priceless article,

So based on this article, we could include functions such as IsNewBar or Buy_opened to the class and just calling it from EA.

Thank you again,

I hope seeing more article from you,

Hamed, 

spinnybobo
spinnybobo 2015.05.18 08:20  

Amazing article!  I did not read entire thing yet, but already I can say that it is much much more helpful than 

anything I have seen thus far.  Thank you so very much :-)

Spencer 

To add comments, please log in or register