mono or multi pair design ?

I have a strategy that applies for several pairs. How should I design my EA for trading these pairs Simultaneously ?

(A) an EA that trades the only pair the EA attached to (mono-pair EA - I will have to attache it to each chart)

(B) an EA that trades the aimed pairs (multi-pair EA - I only have to attach it once to one chart)

How do you think ? Give me advices.

That's up to you. I personally prefer to use EA which was coded for one pair. In this case - I can attach or deattach EA from any pair. Some coders who are sure that their EA are profitable for many pairs simultaniously - they are coding EA to be attached to one pair to trade many pairs.

newdigital:
That's up to you. I personally prefer to use EA which was coded for one pair. In this case - I can attach or deattach EA from any pair. Some coders who are sure that their EA are profitable for many pairs simultaniously - they are coding EA to be attached to one pair to trade many pairs.
valuable comment

sonthanhthuytu:

I have a strategy that applies for several pairs. How should I design my EA for trading these pairs Simultaneously ?

(A) an EA that trades the only pair the EA attached to (mono-pair EA - I will have to attache it to each chart)

(B) an EA that trades the aimed pairs (multi-pair EA - I only have to attach it once to one chart)

It's more complicated to code for multiple pairs with one EA. So do it only if it's really needed, for example if your strategy is based on correlation between pairs. If your strategy can be coded both way, that probably means you have to code in the simplest way. Unless you have good reason to do otherwise.

I think one should code for mono and then attach the EA to each chart. the reason being many brokers have different names for symbols. for example eurusd might be eurusdi or eurusdx with some brokers. so if code of eurusd and gbpusd, and then attach it to eurusdx, your EA will not trade in gpbusdx as it will look for GBPUSD, not gpbusdx.

So code for mono and have better control on where it runs and also which time frame for each symbol. But then again what the strategy demands, is a big question. 

All good remarks. Thank you all

This is a question of capital allocation. You should have one EA attached to one chart.

sonthanhthuytu:

Is this your first multi-currency app? In general this is not easy to do, this requires several months of study..

My opinion is that, first of all, you should be clear about the strategy you want to implement. Then, you should be critical about your programming skills in general, and your knowledge of MQL5 in particular. As your apps become more and more complex they require a better understanding of all the technical aspects involved. That's the reality from my point of view of course.

In any case, if you look here, there's a lot of information, you'll find almost everything you need. Good luck!

newdigital:
second that.

sonthanhthuytu:

B.

Your can design the trading  pairs as input parameters.

You can just adjust these inputs to trade one or more pairs. 

luenbo:

B.

Your can design the trading  pairs as input parameters.

You can just adjust these inputs to trade one or more pairs. 

Agreed. Simple design for those people tired of opening up 18+ charts.
Reason: