Does anyone have an EA that produces CONSISTENT profits?

Seriously, in all charts.

Is there actually a mathematical strategy that works?

It seems to me that if someone produced a program that made windfall profits - or even just tiny steady profits all the time, it would be all over the news.

I see the movements and the pivot points. I always feel like I'm this -> <- close to finding a method that works only to find out a few moments later why it won't.

Please tell me - has ANYONE EVER made a successful EA?

trivates:

Please tell me - has ANYONE EVER made a successful EA?

If you had would you be here reading this Forum ?

RaptorUK:
If you had would you be here reading this Forum ?

Yes, to make it more successful :-)

And also for fun to help others a little...

EADeveloper:

Yes, to make it more successful :-)

And also for fun to help others a little...

I like his answer :) If I made a successful one, I'd be running it constantly. And be very bored. I might offer help to newbies or trade ideas with pros. Biggger, bettter fastter and more profit$$$.

I'm just curious to know if anyone out here has made one that produces consistent profits. Buy when the price is low, sell when it's high. Seems pretty simple. My last EA did what I told it to do but the spread killed me. I know there's something to this. I refuse to give up. Nial Fuller is making windfalls all the time. He seems to use the 1,2,3 method taught by Ken Roberts. I'm giving some consideration to attempting to program that... (incidently, expect to hear from me lots) <- pun intended XD

Maybe I misunderstood what you mean by a "successful EA" . . .

RaptorUK:
Maybe I misunderstood what you mean by a "successful EA" . . .

-3% is not successful. Neither is -99%. Let me explain it this way:

if (profit>0){success(EA)=true;}

also, I edited my last comment - seems I misplaced the words "high" and "low". Flipping my EA upside down to see if inverse instructions would change anything got me thinking all wrong. Ever try to unlock an unlocked door then wonder why your key doesn't work?

trivates:

-3% is not successful. Neither is -99%. Let me explain it this way:

if (profit>0){success(EA)=true;}

I have a different definition, profit_per_week > 0.03 * Account_Balance . . . . consistently, meaning 3% per week on average.

RaptorUK:
I have a different definition, profit_per_week > 0.03 * Account_Balance . . . . consistently, meaning 3% per week on average.

That seems reasonable. Although I've not even seen anything that yields even that much yet. I mean you'd think the ones that came as samples would at least be moderately successful but they lose money as fast as anything I've either made or downloaded.

It doesn't have to be on a single chart, consistency is the critical thing though.

RaptorUK:
It doesn't have to be on a single chart, consistency is the critical thing though.

Now I'm creeped out. It almost sounds like you read the message I DIDN'T send... I was going to talk about an idea I had for an EA that would use a comparison of several charts to figure out what would be an ideal long-term position based on the premise of comparing gold prices to silver prices in a specific currency.

Basically, it would allow a speculator to trade XAUXAG somewhat indirectly.

Yes, everyone here is filthy rich. HA !

Well, I can see that robots work mainly because you can trade manually to make a profit so I have no doubt there are people using EA's to make money to automate most or all of their manual trades.

For me personally I am only learning to program so I can't say that I have one currently but have a lot of manual trading ideas I have tested on live accounts and know them to work either ok, med or good enough for me to be satisfied.
So I would say more experienced traders could make even better EA's and likely are making nice profits from them.
Reason: