MT4: How to rebiuld history data folder on EURUSD?

Hi,

I 've deleted manually all history data folder/s and files on my Meta Trader 4. Now after download the history from menu tools - history center for EURUSD I can not make back test, because there is the message displayed: "no history".

How tu rebuild the history folder for eurusd and the other currencies on Meta Trader 4?

What files and folders should be and where in order to MT4 history works properly?

Rgds,

It may well be that for the date you want to test your Broker doesn't have history, have you tried looking at a chart for EURUSD for that date on M1 to make sure you have that data ?

RaptorUK:
It may well be that for the date you want to test your Broker doesn't have history, have you tried looking at a chart for EURUSD for that date on M1 to make sure you have that data ?

Before I have deleted all history folder in tester, everything was OK.

puncher:

Before I have deleted all history folder in tester, everything was OK.
Yes, but if you have built up your history over months of using your MT4 Terminal it may be the case that all that data is not available from your Broker now . . .

RaptorUK:
Yes, but if you have built up your history over months of using your MT4 Terminal it may be the case that all that data is not available from your Broker now . . .

Ok, but what should I do now - to repair history folder and properly make back tests?

If you can't get the data you need from your Broker or from MetaTrader (via History centre) you have to get it somewhere else . . . https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/110327

RaptorUK:
If you can't get the data you need from your Broker or from MetaTrader (via History centre) you have to get it somewhere else . . . https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/110327

After download data for EURUSD (every timeframes: 1min, 5min, 15min, 30min, H1, H4, D1, W1, M1) from History Center - during test my EA I have still the same problem. No history for EURUSD. What is wrong?

Downloaded data is on C:\Program Files (x86)\MT4\history

but C:\Program Files (x86)\MT4\tester\history is empty

any other idea how to repair this problem ?

C:\Program Files (x86)\MT4\tester\history is for the fxt file that the Strategy Tester creates . . . it is synthetic tick data.

After downloading the data via the History centre restart MT4 and check you have M1 data for the date you want to test by looking at a EURUSD M1 chart for the date you want to test.

RaptorUK:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MT4\tester\history is for the fxt file that the Strategy Tester creates . . . it is synthetic tick data.

After downloading the data via the History centre restart MT4 and check you have M1 data for the date you want to test by looking at a EURUSD M1 chart for the date you want to test.

Ok, propably there is NO history for July and August '2011 for EURUSD (M5) via Metaquotes. I 've changed data and now works properly back test.

Thx

Reason: