MT4 Historic Data

Hello everyone.
For some reason MT4 wont download historical data from Meta-quotes, and my provider doesn't seem to understand my need for historical data that goes back past 65000 1-min bars, (I realise the limitations on number of bars per chart, but want to back test over certain periods).

The 65000 1-min bars only provides me a few weeks, and about 4 months worth of bars.

Can anyone suggest somewhere reliable for historical data? As everywhere I look tells me to download through MT4, but for some reason this will not work.

I'm happy to import it, if I can find the data!

Thanks,

Mike

You should find what you need here

SDC:

You should find what you need here

Thanks SDC. However, when downloading, even 6 months worth of data, it seems to stop in the download. For single days, or a couple of days it works, but for longer time periods it appears to stop processing. Any ideas??? I have tried this on 3 different Major Pairs.

Thanks

Mike

I downloaded one whole month it worked but when I tried to download a year in one hit it froze up, so you probably have to download it a month at a time. I didnt yet discover which format will import into mt4 though.

Are you downloading M1 data or tick data ? for use in MT4 and not the Strategy Tester you want M1 data.
Reason: