My MT4 folder has above 60GB capacity - question

My MT4 folder has more than 60GB capacity. I found there many logs in subfolders

C:\Program Files\MT4\logs

and

C:\Program Files\MT4\testes\logs

Many files was grater than 3,4,5,6 GB !

How to disable logs on Meta Trader 4 ?

puncher:

I don't think you can . . . but you can control the verbosity of your EA. If you don't need your EA to log any more for debugging purposes then stop it doing so . . .

puncher:

My MT4 folder has more than 60GB capacity. I found there many logs in subfolders

C:\Program Files\MT4\logs

and

C:\Program Files\MT4\testes\logs

Many files was grater than 3,4,5,6 GB !

1. Do NOT install in \program files* on Vista/Win 7
  2. MT keeps the last few days worth. You can delete when you like.
  3. Comment out your print statements you are not actually using for debugging.

Maybe using MQL order Print("...") in your EA => bigger size file logs! My own experience!!!

Are they Error Logs .... I have seen many error logs become HUGE like that.

RaptorUK:
I don't think you can . . . but you can control the verbosity of your EA. If you don't need your EA to log any more for debugging purposes then stop it doing so . . .

it is very fucking situation, but thank you for the answer

Not sure what you mean by that last comment . . but I'll take the thank you :-) and explain what I do . . .

I have an extern and some bools . . .

extern int Debug_Level=0 ;             // Set to a value from 0 to 5, 0 = no debugging (default), 5 = max debugging messages

bool D1, D2, D3, D4, D5;   // debug values used like this  if(D2) do . . . 

in init() I do this . . .

D1=false; D2=false;D3=false;D4=false;D5=false;  // set debug level 
   switch(Debug_Level) {
      case 5: D5=true;
      case 4: D4=true;
      case 3: D3=true;
      case 2: D2=true;
      case 1: D1=true;
      }

then I use this to control which Print statements get executed . . .

if (D4) Print("Slippage = ", Slippage);

If I set Debug_Level=0 then I get no debugging messages and very small log files . . . I still have the option to Print important messages that I want regardless . . . I just don't use the if (Dx)

RaptorUK:

Not sure what you mean by that last comment . . but I'll take the thank you :-) and explain what I do . . .

I have an extern and some bools . . .

in init() I do this . . .

then I use this to control which Print statements get executed . . .

If I set Debug_Level=0 then I get no debugging messages and very small log files . . . I still have the option to Print important messages that I want regardless . . . I just don't use the if (Dx)

RaptorUK correct me if I wrong. I do not know whether I understood it well:

If I use in program more Print() function then log will be much greater than I will not use this function on my EA. Have I right?

puncher:

If I use in program more Print() function then log will be much greater than I will not use this function on my EA. Have I right?

correct

puncher:

Correct, but when you are developing and debugging an EA you need the Print functions to help you find errors, typos and bugs . . . when the EA is working you can turn them off . . .

extern int Debug_Level=0 ;  

RaptorUK:

Correct, but when you are developing and debugging an EA you need the Print functions to help you find errors, typos and bugs . . . when the EA is working you can turn them off . . .

exactly OK thanks
Reason: