MarketInfo return 0 - page 2

good... phew! what a hassle eh?

simple in end but a path had to be stumbled along

cheers all - happy MT'ing

Hi,

I know this topic was disscussed some time ago, but I have the same problem as pcchu.

i.e. I'm trying to print bid prices of different symbols, using an ea run on one symbol in the tester.

The broker i use is GoMarkets (which may or may not be of relevance?). I am only able to retrieve non-zero prices for the symbol of the chart that

I attatch the EA to. The rest of the symbols return a zero value (actually 0.00000).

The code I use is:

Print(DoubleToStr(MarketInfo("GBPUSD",MODE_BID),5));

So if I run this on any chart other than GBPUSD I just get 0.00000 prices.

I know the solution for pcchu was adding a FXF to the end of the symbol. eg use GBPUSDFXF instead of GBPUSD thereby solving the problem.

This doesn't work for me, I'm not sure why. Can anyone tell me what the FXF extension means and why this should work, and also help me in this instance?

thanks,

Ciaran.

14967057:

Hi,

I know this topic was disscussed some time ago, but I have the same problem as pcchu.

I know the solution for pcchu was adding a FXF to the end of the symbol. eg use GBPUSDFXF instead of GBPUSD thereby solving the problem.

This doesn't work for me, I'm not sure why. Can anyone tell me what the FXF extension means and why this should work, and also help me in this instance?

It worked for the other user because GBPUSDFXF  is the correct symbol name from his Broker with his type of account for GBP USD

Open a GBPUSD chart and see what your correct symbol name is,  perhaps post a screen shot. 

Hi Raptor,

I attached a screenshot.

I'd also say, that on my live chart there seems to be no problem printing prices of different symbols from one chart.

It just doesn't work when i run the EA in the tester.

Should I expect it to work?

best,

C.

PS I attached the screenshot of an hourly GBP chart.

It didn't seem to attach there. don't know why it won't. Doesn't seem to be an attach button. But anyway it just simply says GBPUSD, H1 on top left corner of chart window.

14967057:

Hi Raptor,

I attached a screenshot.

I'd also say, that on my live chart there seems to be no problem printing prices of different symbols from one chart.

It just doesn't work when i run the EA in the tester.

Should I expect it to work?

No,  you shouldn't expect it to work in the tester,  how can the Strategy Tester get the Bid price at a particular moment in time in the past for a different Instrument ?  where do you think this information is stored ?

By the way . . .

OK thanks Raptor,

saves me wanting something that is not possible.

I'm afraid I have no knowledge of what goes on under the hood, which is why i asked!

best,

C.

14967057:

OK thanks Raptor,

saves me wanting something that is not possible.

I'm afraid I have no knowledge of what goes on under the hood, which is why i asked!

It's time for you to find out and learn about such things . . . 

RaptorUK:
It's time for you to find out and learn about such things . . . 

Yes I agree! Need a good Mentor though :)

14967057:

Yes I agree! Need a good Mentor though :)

Try the same ones I had . . .  Mr Trialanderror,  Ms Google and Miss Mql4forum  

adding fx worked fo me.

Thanks so much.

Reason: