Excess Printing - page 3

From the 'Legal' section of 'decompiling source code' in EU & North America from the Wikipedia:

In the United States, the copyright fair use defense has been successfully invoked in decompilation cases. For example, in Sega v. Accolade, the court held that Accolade could lawfully engage in decompilation in order to circumvent the software locking mechanism used by Sega's game consoles.[7]

In Europe, the 1991 Software Directive explicitly provides for a right to decompile in order to achieve interoperability. The result of a heated debate between, on the one side, software protectionists, and, on the other, academics as well as independent software developers, Article 6 permits decompilation only if a number of conditions are met:

• First, a person or entity must have a license to use the program to be decompiled.
  • Second, decompilation must be necessary to achieve interoperability with the target program or other programs. Interoperability information should therefore not be readily available, such as through manuals or API documentation. This is an important limitation. The necessity must be proven by the decompiler. The purpose of this important limitation is primarily to provide an incentive for developers to document and disclose their products' interoperability information.[8]
  • Third, the decompilation process must, if possible, be confined to the parts of the target program relevant to interoperability. Since one of the purposes of decompilation is to gain an understanding of the program structure, this third limitation may be difficult to meet. Again, the burden of proof is on the decompiler.

FourX:

From the 'Legal' section of 'decompiling source code' in EU & North America from the Wikipedia:

In the United States, the copyright fair use defense has been successfully invoked in decompilation cases. For example, in Sega v. Accolade, the court held that Accolade could lawfully engage in decompilation in order to circumvent the software locking mechanism used by Sega's game consoles.[7]

In Europe, the 1991 Software Directive explicitly provides for a right to decompile in order to achieve interoperability. The result of a heated debate between, on the one side, software protectionists, and, on the other, academics as well as independent software developers, Article 6 permits decompilation only if a number of conditions are met:

First, a person or entity must have a
license to use the program to be decompiled.
  • Second, decompilation must be necessary to achieve interoperability with the target program or other programs. Interoperability information should therefore not be readily available, such as through manuals or API documentation. This is an important limitation. The necessity must be proven by the decompiler. The purpose of this important limitation is primarily to provide an incentive for developers to document and disclose their products' interoperability information.[8]
  • Third, the decompilation process must, if possible, be confined to the parts of the target program relevant to interoperability. Since one of the purposes of decompilation is to gain an understanding of the program structure, this third limitation may be difficult to meet. Again, the burden of proof is on the decompiler.

First: You did not have a license . . you admit yourself that it was probably stolen " I DIDN'T intentionally buy any stolen merchandise WHR and when I found out it was, I destroyed it! "

Second: you have no need to check Interoperability.

Also: "The program may also be decompiled if this is necessary to ensure its operates with another program or device (Art. 6), but the results of the decompilation may not be used for any other purpose without infringing the copyright in the program."

You have probably infringed Copyright by using the decompiled code for a purpose other than ensuring Interoperability.

RaptorUK:

You have probably infringed Copyright by using the decompiled code for a purpose other than ensuring Interoperability.

mr raptor,

when i registered at this site, the rules of this forum dont say anything about my not being able to post snippets of code unless i have a current license for said code.

my suggestion to you, sir, is that you might consider turning this issue over to the metaquotes legal department prior to your attempting to play perry mason.

see what i am saying?

you are creating arguments, when you should be cultivating relationships with your forum visitors.

i would like to help you to make the transition to our seeing this issue thru to completion.

see what i mean?

focus on success.

do not focus on starting fights.

that is what i mean.

and then the next thing that needs to be changed is mr whroeder and his little "you are a troll" routine, that nonsense needs to be fixed and quickly.

notice that the forum rules are written in the order in which the most important rules are first and so on and so on.

for us to discuss fourx's software licenses are not about metatrader language nor is it about automated trading, that is rule #1, and for this forum to continually badger him about whether or not he has a license for his software is, i assume, offensive to fourx. IF YOU REALLY THINK THAT HE IS IN VIOLATION OF ANY LAW OR ORDINANCE, CALL 911, BUT BEYOND THAT PUT A SOCK IN IT.

trading will resume in 25 minutes.

zero/.

Video: CLAUDIA BARRY - BOOGIE WOOGIE DANCING SHOES

Registration on MQL4.com means that you fully agree to follow the rules accepted here:
Any discussions except of concerning MetaQuotes Language 4 and auto trading are forbidden. Such topics will be deleted.
Any posts which may offend other visitors of the MQL4.com are forbidden. These messages will be deleted.
Any use of obscene expressions is forbidden. These messages will be deleted.
Posting of advertising messages is forbidden. Such messages will deleted.
A spam and flood are forbidden also. These posts will be deleted.
Numerous breakings of rules, ignoring of remarks of a moderator and furthermore open disrespect for administration attract ban from the MQL4.com without any explanations.
The administration leaves to itself the right to apply any measures to any of participants of the MQL4.com.
The administration has the right to change these rules if will consider it necessary.

FourX:

I only want this to print the Spread to the Experts Journal when it places an order when the spread is low enough. Now it prints one every time (their is a Tick?) and more annoyingly, makes a sound. I want to fix it, not just eliminate the sound (< 8)

Thanks for any and all assistance.

if (d_Spread <= d_MaxSpread)
          OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, d_Lots, Ask, 2, l_price_64, l_price_72, s_TradeComment, i_ID, 0, Blue);
           {
            Print("The Spread on the ", s_Pair," Buy order is ", d_Spread);
            PlaySound("Alert.wav");
           }

mr fourx,

lets get back on topic.

for starters, i would really like to see that disassembler program that you use, plz.

second, will you mind restating your problem for me?

lets get bizzy fixing some problems i say..

trading will resume in 20 minutes.

zero/.

Video: Ritz - Locomotion

smoknfx:

mr raptor,

when i registered at this site, the rules of this forum dont say anything about my not being able to post snippets of code unless i have a current license for said code.

my suggestion to you, sir, is that you might consider turning this issue over to the metaquotes legal department prior to your attempting to play perry mason.

see what i am saying?

you are creating arguments, when you should be cultivating relationships with your forum visitors.

i would like to help you to make the transition to our seeing this issue thru to completion.

see what i mean?

focus on success.

do not focus on starting fights.

Dear Sara,

I'm just putting FourX and you straight on the inaccuracies he posted. If you want to help with code issues please be my guest, I suggest you stop stirring up trouble and help if you can, if not then there is no need for you to be here.

RaptorUK:

Dear Sara,

I'm just putting FourX and you straight on the inaccuracies he posted. If you want to help with code issues please be my guest, I suggest you stop stirring up trouble and help if you can, if not then there is no need for you to be here.

first issue: why do you keep calling me sara? my name is not sara. my name is zero.

second issue: do you mind if i discuss metatrader programming with fourx?

zero/.

smoknfx:

first issue: why do you keep calling me sara? my name is not sara. my name is zero.

second issue: do you mind if i discuss metatrader programming with fourx?

zero/.

First: that is the name you gave yourself in your other ID . . . why do you have 2 IDs ? sara harrison https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/140551 https://www.mql5.com/en/users/sarauharrison

Second: please do.

RaptorUK:

please do.

fourx has moved this topic to another thread.

i will interface with him there.

good day.

zero/.

FourX:

I only want this to print the Spread to the Experts Journal when it places an order when the spread is low enough. Now it prints one every time (their is a Tick?) and more annoyingly, makes a sound. I want to fix it, not just eliminate the sound (< 8)

Thanks for any and all assistance.

if (d_Spread <= d_MaxSpread && OrdersTotal()==0)
          {
             OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, d_Lots, Ask, 2, l_price_64, l_price_72, s_TradeComment, i_ID, 0, Blue);
             Print("The Spread on the ", s_Pair," Buy order is ", d_Spread);
            PlaySound("Alert.wav");
           }
Reason: