metatrader bridge specifications?

if i wanted to write a bridge for metatrader, where can i find the specs?

ie, if i wanted to write the code that would act as the broker/server part of the metatrader equation, is it possible to find the specs to show the communications protocols used by metatrader? or do i need to reverse engineer everything?

thank you

I think you better start reverse engineering.

You BUY mt4 from metaquotes like every other broker.

WHRoeder:
You BUY mt4 from metaquotes like every other broker.

without my needing to disturb the nice folks at metaquotes, approx how much will that set me back?

thank you.

"The fee for a full MetaTrader 4 license started at $150,000 a few years ago. I’m not sure where it’s at now." Link.

thank you, ubzen, very nice link.

is it your opinion that those folks that write bridge software, boston technologies for example, is it your opinion that they had to reverse engineer everything?

it is my preference to try to figure this out prior to contacting metaquotes.

btw, i really like writing code for metatrader 4, and it runs so stable, i like it.

thanks.

My personal feeling is that those companies have a business relationship with Meta-Quotes and do-not need to reverse engineer everything. Again thats just my feeling. I have no hardcore facts to back this up.

ubzen:
My personal feeling is that those companies have a business relationship with Meta-Quotes and do-not need to reverse engineer everything. Again thats just my feeling. I have no hardcore facts to back this up.

my guess is that you are probably pretty much correct.

probably if i were to approach metaquotes as a broker and i wanted to pay their fee, when all was said and done i would most likely have the specs in hand.

thank you for the answers.

i want to say that i thoroughly enjoy writing code for the metatrader 4 platform.

it is very similar to C language, and that has always been my favorite programming language.

the metatrader code runs very fast, i have never felt the need to optimize any code, it always just runs and runs.

i wrote a DLL for it using dev-cpp C compiler, and that code is used to interface with the internet and update my website with account information.

i am looking forward to trading with citibank, it is my opinion that especially with that broker that recently went belly up and they somehow misplaced some two hundred million dollars of their trader's funds, it is my opinion that there is very little risk of such a situation ever occurring at citibank.

i like metatrader.

i dont care if i run my own banks, which i defintiely want to, i will use metatrader and i would want to bridge it up myself.

i always prefer to write my own code.

so why would i want to get some company to write my bridge software.

i just figured that i would like to start heading in that direction.

thanks for your responses.

sarauharrison:

i wrote a DLL for it using dev-cpp C compiler,

Hi sarauharrison,

This a little bit off topic. You mention dev-cpp. Latest stable dev cpp was 2005. Nobody take care its website - full of dead links.

You can use other C/C++ like here, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_integrated_development_environments. for example Code::Block or NetBeans.

Just my 2 cents.

:D

onewithzachy,

much appreciate your reply, but i would like to point out that in a project such as this forex number crunching project that stability is king and therefore i rather enjoy using tried and proven products and that it is not my focus that my code gets written with the latest whizbang compiler or whatever...

in fact, my trading system, an entirely all original work of labor that was all me, i used two computer systems, one being a windows seven box and the other box runs a severely outdated version of MSDOS and it runs code that i wrote using borland's quite old turboC for dos, the dos box makes queries of my metatrader terminal(win7) and therefore all of the intelligence of my trading system is entirely off the grid and is not connected to the internet in any way and actually remains turned off for about 99% of the time.

stability is what i look for.

in fact, if it were decided that writing my trading system code in direct assembler/machine language could enhance the abilities of my work, that would be done already.

i like to take the long road.

i dont mind working overtime.

and i dont mind.

my name is zero.

http://smoknfx.com/dolly

that is a picture of my fully mobile trading system.

i named her, quite appropriately, dolly.

is she sexy or what?

and now it is time for me to dig into bridging up with this ever cool metatrader 4.

thank you for your answers.

zero/.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFLQAEiO7xo