Indicator that shows info

Hello to all,

I have downloaded an indicator that shows the price, spread, pips from open, pips from hi to low, and daily average pips...

the problem with it is that it is only working when I open another indy in a new window, if not, the indy is there, but hidden.... I've checked the mq4 file to see if I could fix it, but I have limited knowledge, so I couldn't find a way...

Apart from this, It would be amazing if anyone could replace the Daily average for the ATR (having an external option to set the period for it) because I was playing with it, but I couldn't make it work either :(

Thanks very much in advance

:)

Files:

1. I have downloaded an indicator that shows the price, spread, pips from open, pips from hi to low, and daily average pips...
    Decompiled from someone else's code
  2. if not, the indy is there, but hidden
    If it's not shown, how could you possibly know it's there?
  3. It would be amazing if anyone could
    Especially since there are no slaves here. Learn to code or pay someone.

WHRoeder:
  1. I have downloaded an indicator that shows the price, spread, pips from open, pips from hi to low, and daily average pips...
    Decompiled from someone else's code
  2. if not, the indy is there, but hidden
    If it's not shown, how could you possibly know it's there?
  3. It would be amazing if anyone could
    Especially since there are no slaves here. Learn to code or pay someone.

Thanks for the help WHRoeder...

I didn't know till now that forum is for master coders only ;)

BTW: I know the indy is there because Left click to mouse>indicators> it shows is there ;)

Thing is we don't like to help someone modify a decompiled source code as it's kinda like pissing into our own work. A decompiled program means that someone (a coder) created it, but wanted to keep his work private to himself, thus giving his client(s) only the executable, which in turn got decompiled to see what the coder was doing. And since we don't want that to happen to our own programs, we (usually) won't help in such matter. Your PM box may state otherwise.

The second part being that we don't hit F5 in this forum to code for other people (for free), but to help other people learn how to code in MQL4 so they can code themselves.

If you're willing to pay for work, I'm sure your PM mailbox will get filled quickly with offers to do the work for you.

forexCoder:

Thing is we don't like to help someone modify a decompiled source code as it's kinda like pissing into our own work. A decompiled program means that someone (a coder) created it, but wanted to keep his work private to himself, thus giving his client(s) only the executable, which in turn got decompiled to see what the coder was doing. And since we don't want that to happen to our own programs, we (usually) won't help in such matter. Your PM box may state otherwise.

The second part being that we don't hit F5 in this forum to code for other people (for free), but to help other people learn how to code in MQL4 so they can code themselves.

If you're willing to pay for work, I'm sure your PM mailbox will get filled quickly with offers to do the work for you.

Hi ForexCoder,

Fair enough what you are saying in a good polite way....

I've seen some people get helped here for free, sometimes for already "real" coders, and sometimes for more novice coders that try to improve and like to be "chalenged" in a certain way to test their habilities and improvements...... but I totally agree that this is an individual matter, menaing some people may acept to help and some others don't...

On another hand I want to make TOTALLY CLEAR here, that I am not decompiling anything at all, not even know how that can be made... but simply downloaded this indy by making a quick google search, the same way that any of you could make and find it the way I did, and of course I had no clue about this fact at all...

Thanks for your answer, and your friendly way to put your thoughts....

;-)

It certainly depends on the weather and the mood of general forum populace, true :)

As for the code, it's irrelevant who decompiled it :) The code is decompiled now, meaning someone's intelectual property most likely got stolen and published without his permission (otherwise we'd be seeing the original source code posted on the web and consequently here).

If you open the code that you provided, you'll notice that most (or all) variables have strange names, containing numbers, letters and subscripts - those are all automatically generated names for variables and functions at decompilation.

That in itself is not a problem, but I personally hate to rummage through such code, as I have to first figure out the hard way what each line of code tried to do, whereas a simple name for a variable / function would suffice. Takes probably 4x the amount of time to modify this code for a trained eye, and 20x as long for someone without extensive coding experience.

Hope you understand why in general we tend to not do it :)

1. 7cbo:
    I've seen some people get helped here for free,
    Your original post was
    It would be amazing if anyone could replace
    That wasn't a request for some help, (I coded it but it's not working correctly,) that was a do it for me (for free.) We get two a day on average, people wanting a free ride, but aren't willing to do anything themselves. Thus the curt remark: No slaves here. Learn to code or pay someone.
  2. TOTALLY CLEAR here, that I am not decompiling anything at all,
    Someone stole a coder's Intellectual property and you're an Accessory by posting the code here.

forexCoder:

It certainly depends on the weather and the mood of general forum populace, true :)

As for the code, it's irrelevant who decompiled it :) The code is decompiled now, meaning someone's intelectual property most likely got stolen and published without his permission (otherwise we'd be seeing the original source code posted on the web and consequently here).

If you open the code that you provided, you'll notice that most (or all) variables have strange names, containing numbers, letters and subscripts - those are all automatically generated names for variables and functions at decompilation.

That in itself is not a problem, but I personally hate to rummage through such code, as I have to first figure out the hard way what each line of code tried to do, whereas a simple name for a variable / function would suffice. Takes probably 4x the amount of time to modify this code for a trained eye, and 20x as long for someone without extensive coding experience.

Hope you understand why in general we tend to not do it :)

Hi again forexCoder,

I got it now, I really had no idea about the differences that you clearly explained me above, but I do now, and I totally understand each one of your points.... (I wouldn't do it myself either to be honest)

So, sorry for any inconvenince I could cause you....

Thanks again for your friendly way to "post", that's the "normal-positive" way to go in a forum IMHO, and to get each other understood :)

WHRoeder:
  1. 7cbo:
    I've seen some people get helped here for free,
    Your original post was
    It would be amazing if anyone could replace
    That wasn't a request for some help, (I coded it but it's not working correctly,) that was a do it for me (for free.) We get two a day on average, people wanting a free ride, but aren't willing to do anything themselves. Thus the curt remark: No slaves here. Learn to code or pay someone.
  2. TOTALLY CLEAR here, that I am not decompiling anything at all,
    Someone stole a coder's Intellectual property and you're an Accessory by posting the code here.

Nothing to say to you crack.....

Be happy man, you look in anger...

I don't even get why you answered in first place, are you any kind of avenging?

Your same points where explaining perfectly by "forexCoder" in a normal way, that totally denotes differences between people education.....

;)

Reason: