Money Management - page 6

frosk:
It's seem that the minimal lot size is 0.1 it is possible to do the same thing but with min lot =0.01 that is possible with IBFX

I agree. A cool indicator, but would be even better if it could calculate position size down to micro lots.

Should not the calculation of lot size take into account MODE_MINLOT,MODE_LOTSTEP & MODE_MAXLOT to get a more appropriate broker specific lot size?

newdigital:
You may use this indicator.

fill the price open and sell stop on the input, but why risk in pips too large, would you please tell me how to make the setup.

thx in advance

sorry, no need to follow up, got mistake to make an input

thx

Files:

Micro lot

I just modified two line of the code for the micro lot.

Tell me if the code is correct because i have not many time to test it.

I'will code a new version with contrat size and leverage.

and after risk management in real time with alert !!!

I hope that my code will be better than my english

lol

Fr0sK.

Micro lot

lol

Fr0sK.

With the code source. NO COMMENT

Money Management in EA's

Hello,

I am a little new to EA's, but have already written two, I want to add money management like I see in other EA's, but I can't figure out the common equation I see in them.

double LotsMM = NormalizeDouble(MathFloor(AccountBalance()*TradeSizePercent/1000)/100,1);

Here's a common one, lets remove the obvious:

AccountBalance()*TradeSizePercent/1000)/100

So, Our (AccountBalance() * TradePercent / ?)/ ?

I also don't get what this is returning, because it doesn't take into account any leveraging or margin that an account may have.

Can anyone please give me some info regarding this equation and what its parts are?

Thanks

Jeff

frosk:

lol

Fr0sK.

any update frosk?as you was planned

suggestions

yep maybe some Changes in Font and Colors .also background will be good to next update ))

anyway thanks for indicator

frosk:

lol

Fr0sK.

and also the option to move the comments to any point of the chart maybe??? like moving it to the right corner or anywhere. please??

What IS money management?

I've heard (so many times) that I need it, but I don't know what exactly it is. What am I talking about? Money management, of course!

There's a good number of traders who claim that money management is the single most important thing to success in the forex. Considering its apparent importance, I think I should learn more about it. I understand it to be the amount of money that you risk on a trade. But, how do you measure that risk? In dollars, pips, percentage of equity? Is there a single answer? How does money management separate the winners from the losers in this market?

If I have a strategy that has a SL of 100 and a TP of 10, is that considered BAD money management? If so, then how? Seems more appropriate to just call it a stupid strategy, to me. Is it possible to have a strategy without money management? What would that look like?

I also have EAs that have features that create lotsizes based on a percentage of account equity per trade, which of course, is money management. These little features don't make the EAs into winners though. No matter how you slice a the cake, a strategy that loses, is going to lose, no matter how large your lot sizes are.

So what IS the story with money management?

Reason: