**WARNING** MT4 does background updates

I just tried to place a trade and found it refused because MT4 was doing a background update without letting me know it was happening.

How did I find out? I found the following lines:-

17:31:29 **** - MetaTrader 4.00 build 402 started (FXDD)
17:31:32 **** - MetaTrader 4.00 build 402 stopped

(where **** is my broker name deleted to avoid legal stuff. )

In my log file - Did not alert me - nor did it show up in my journal display

This was costly to myself.

Thought you should know.

Ickyrus:

17:31:29 **** - MetaTrader 4.00 build 402 started (FXDD)
17:31:32 **** - MetaTrader 4.00 build 402 stopped

(where **** is my broker name deleted to avoid legal stuff. )

Your broker wouldn't happen to be FXDD by any chance, would it?

FXDD has a rather flaky update facility. Of all the brokers I use it is FXDD that routinely will update and then have the update "fail" to register, next time I load MT4 for FXDD I get the whole "LiveUpdate" cycle all over again.

1005phillip:

Your broker wouldn't happen to be FXDD by any chance, would it?

FXDD has a rather flaky update facility. Of all the brokers I use it is FXDD that routinely will update and then have the update "fail" to register, next time I load MT4 for FXDD I get the whole "LiveUpdate" cycle all over again.

Renaming the LiveUpdate exe file in the MT folder should cause it to cease and desist

-BB-

0.o lol :)))) it should, yes :))))

Thanks (doh! on the FXDD) actually its not it's FXCM so thats another puzzle as to why it said that.

I will do as suggested to avoid the missing of a critical trade again. I stupidly thought that the update occured when you started the platform not while you are in the middle of a trading session.

> thought that the update occured when you started the platform not while you are in the middle of a trading session

I still think that...?

-BB-

Reason: