MetaTrader 4 may no longer be available? - page 2

I think you hit the needle on the head there forexCoder. This could pull the wool off the face of the hedgers and brokers may not be ready for that -- lil conspiracy theory for those who love blaming brokers. On the other hand, it's a golden opportunity for Programmers as all those old hedging like systems people paid for goes bust. And those poor souls have to come back for a makeover. I think I may have to invest in that quart-core processing pc or whatever it's called in about a year or two.

MT5 will not be able to replace MT4 until it supports if-done and oco orders. These are very basic and essential functions for a FIFO platform.

Hopefully MT4 will be supported as long as new release of MT6, which supports multiple open positions on same currency like MT4 does.

i hope, at a time, mt5 end user interface (terminal/mql/order logic ) will support mt4 custom works totaly, so people will be able to move mt5.

without backward compatibility, mt4 and mt5 are different worlds. when developers recognize, their customers are brokers/traders, not programmers...

trends decide. customers define product trends..

ubzen:
I wanna post this question, why in the world would someone wanna hedge the same currency on the same account?

I had the same question too, until I came across a rather interesting EA which does hedging as well as a few other strategies.

There is certainly no good reason to open one buy and one sell on the same symbol at the same time, alone. But this EA depends on opening a number of hedging positions in some sort of matrix positioning to cover some sort of computed Highs and Lows, plus some Martingale-like behavior, as well as a few other strategies thrown in which didn't necessarily make sense to me.

After a bit of testing, one thing was clear - this EA was rather safe. Whichever way things move, you are covered. It is depending on the other strategies to extract the profits. But being safe by hedging also means the profits/losses are not something to write home about.

blogzr3:

...But this EA depends on opening a number of hedging positions in some sort of matrix positioning to cover some sort of computed Highs and Lows, plus some Martingale-like behavior...

By matrix, do you mean Grid like fashion?

Sounds like a Grid-Like system to me. From what I've experimented the non-hedge version provides lower draw-downs then the Grid-Gale counterpart. I'm willing to wager that there's no example in the world of hedging (the same currency) that'll look better than the non-hedge version, and I suck at math.

ubzen:

By matrix, do you mean Grid like fashion?

Sounds like a Grid-Like system to me. From what I've experimented the non-hedge version provides lower draw-downs then the Grid-Gale counterpart.

Yes, you could call it Grid.
Reason: