Is there a way to use metatrader as a simulator at all?

Is there a way to use metatrader as a simulator at all? So if you wish to practice tradeing based upon past data and when the market is close on a weekend you can do so at all? I was just wondering if this could be done.

Thanks

Larry Liles

lileslarry@yahoo.com

Code Base--->Under Expert Advisors

There's one in there. I haven't tried it.

Edit: Here's the https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9185.

In case you haven't found it yet.

Sure, i am currently extending my ordermanager to be able to work in strategy tester, should be released next week. Not yet sure how placing of orders could be implemented in an userfriendly way

LarryLiles:

Is there a way to use metatrader as a simulator at all? So if you wish to practice tradeing based upon past data and when the market is close on a weekend

Just undepress the autoscroll button, and back arrow/page up. Keep your own count.

LarryLiles:

Is there a way to use metatrader as a simulator at all? So if you wish to practice tradeing based upon past data and when the market is close on a weekend you can do so at all? I was just wondering if this could be done.

Thanks Larry Liles

Hi Larry,

You can try the LFH Trading Simulator for MT4...it works great offline or weekends...or anytime you want to test your strategies.

Just do a search and you can find it on many forums

Hope this helps.

Robert

AIS4 Trade Machine allows to trade manually in Tester just like in real time.

sometimes i write indicators to test a strategy on historical data and then continue on live data, using objects and labels to indicate entry and exit points and sometimes i also code the indicator to calculate profts and losses based on those entry/exit points and show running totals in label objects

Hi Larry,

have you tried this one: mt4exclusive ?

Or use vHands . .

malyjan:

Hi Larry,

have you tried this one: mt4exclusive ?

Just checked it out seem very interesting. Plus it's not to costly beside.

Thank you

Larry

There is a nice tool at <link removed by moderator>.
Reason: