Terminal window missing

I have been running MT4 on my laptop for several months. All of a sudden the terminal window won't appear? i have tried re-booting and several different profiles, no go.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

SteveF82:

I have been running MT4 on my laptop for several months. All of a sudden the terminal window won't appear? i have tried re-booting and several different profiles, no go.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

Try pressing CTRL-T to restore the termnal window

If you still don't see it, repeatedly press CTRL-T and watch the bottom portion of the application screen. The terminal is probably minimized within the MT4 program

If you can see your Balance, Equity and Margin then THAT IS THE TERMINAL WINDOW -- just expand the size upwards to reveal what you normally would see

I had a virus one time that made my charts do funny things (like turn sideways...LOL ...I'm not kidding). You may need to uninstall/reinstall. If you do, make sure you copy all your custom indicators/EAs/scripts to a folder outside of the MT4 root directory so you can paste back into the newly installed MT4 terminal. Otherwise you will lose them.

If you still can't get it. Close the terminal and delete the config\terminal.ini. You won't loose the attached charts but you'll have to resize them back to your likeing.

I have the same issue! My terminal window got detached from the bottom of my screen and is now a very small independent window that i can not even get it to expand and show me all of my positions, news, journal, etc... I cant get it to go back to how it was!! :( 

I have MT4 on MAC. I have tried CTRL-T and that basically hides and shows the terminal; its like switching it on and off, but it does not get it to attach back to the bottom of the platform. 

Any other way? I have deleted MT4 and reinstalled it 2 times, but the settings are saved for some reason and it opens the same. 

I have tried so many things but nothing has worked. 

THANKS! 

WM:

Try pressing CTRL-T to restore the termnal window

If you still don't see it, repeatedly press CTRL-T and watch the bottom portion of the application screen. The terminal is probably minimized within the MT4 program

If you can see your Balance, Equity and Margin then THAT IS THE TERMINAL WINDOW -- just expand the size upwards to reveal what you normally would see

I have the same issue! My terminal window got detached from the bottom of my screen and is now a very small independent window that i can not even get it to expand and show me all of my positions, news, journal, etc... I cant get it to go back to how it was!! :( 

I have MT4 on MAC. I have tried CTRL-T and that basically hides and shows the terminal; its like switching it on and off, but it does not get it to attach back to the bottom of the platform. 

Any other way? I have deleted MT4 and reinstalled it 2 times, but the settings are saved for some reason and it opens the same. 

THANKS! 

Feliperamirez:

THANKS! 

Double click on the window title.

This happens every now and then.  If Control T doesn't work, try restarting your mt4 terminal.  That usually works.

Hope that helps :)

Go the the edges with the mouse pointer and you'll see the arrow pointing both ways and hold your mouse down and stretch it back out both directions to it's original size , then you can drag the whole terminal box back to where it was.

I have the same issue as Felipe reported above. My MT4 is installed on a PC. I have tried the above suggested procedures but they are not working. Is there any way to recover the terminal window in a PC?

THANKS.

It is showing now. This worked for me:

I have re-started the MT4 terminal, then pressed Control T (top of terminal window poped up in the bottom portion of the application screen) and pulled the terminal window up into place.

Reason: