MT4 on Ubuntu problem

Hello,

Been using MT4 on Windows.

Now want use Ubuntu to run several EAs simultaneously to test. Have copied folder from Windows and created three folders in Ubuntu.

Folder 1: existing EA (still running on Windows XP laptop)

Folder 2: new EA

Folder 3: new EA

All three terminals are running, logged in, auto-trading on. The EAs in Folder 2/3 are not sending trades to server. Nothing in journal tab.

Any ideas...

Hey,

I have never had such problems using Debian with LXDE or Xfce ...

Pip_Pip: The EAs in Folder 2/3 are not sending trades to server.
  1. We can't possibly know, we can't see your code and there are no mind readers here.
  2. Did you change the magic number so they don't see each other's trades.

WHRoeder:
Pip_Pip: The EAs in Folder 2/3 are not sending trades to server.
  1. We can't possibly know, we can't see your code and there are no mind readers here.
  2. Did you change the magic number so they don't see each other's trades.

That could be it WHRoeder....did NOT change Magic Number...

Re code...I included statements such as Print"Sell Order sent"; etc which showed up under the "Experts" output. The code looks like it is working as expected.

Pip_Pip:

That could be it WHRoeder....did NOT change Magic Number...

Re code...I included statements such as Print"Sell Order sent"; etc which showed up under the "Experts" output. The code looks like it is working as expected.

The "copied" folders all had "trading disabled" - in Settings and in each EA...Now are all working....:-)

But, the GUI often does not respond. The EA is trading but the Window running under Wine is often frozen. Looking at the Ubuntu System Monitor, each terminal.exe is using about 10%, with six running simultaneously and WineServer at 10%, that's 70% CPU at least tied up. Maybe that's why it's running like this...?

Reason: