Second posting: I Need 2nd "Stealthy' Stop Loss to over ride SL in EA. [With some beta testing under your belts now: how is MQL5 looking to you experienced programmers?]

Before everyone starts jumping on me, I know that I posted this before. But since then I completely lost all of my windows installation and everything else along with it including my Book Marks. I have not been able to find this listing again nor some of the Private messages that I got in regards to this. I can find dozens of messages and postings: going as far back as 2 years, but not this one in question that I am currently looking to resolve.
I need an EA with a ''stealthy' secondary' Stop Loss that will only calculate the SL internally in the EA and NOT post it on the FX server as some EAs do. It will then close out the trade when this EA hits it's Stop Loss point that is hidden from the broker. The SL that is posted to the broker would only be their as a 'fail safe' point in case I got disconnected from the server, etc. Also in many cases the broker will not allow me to use the lower SL that I want to as it is below their minimum. For EAs that DON'T put a SL on the server, it would be good to post one on the server as a 'Fail Safe.' I also want it to utilize a '2 stage' Trailing Stop Loss in the same secondary stealthy EA that functions in the same manner. Preferably with the capacity to have one of this 'stealthy EA' control and over ride one or several charts/currency pairs with this one secondary EA. IE: the ability to select what ever pairs and charts that I want it to override from a single instance of this secondary, stealthy EA. This is a given, but I'm going to state it anyway: I need to be able to use more than one of this secondary Over-riding EA on more than one chart in one instance of an MQ terminal.

So with some hands on experience now with MQL5. for you experienced, competent and advanced MQL4 programmers: How is MQL5 looking now that you have some (significant) experience with it as opposed to the initial reactions and speculation about it? :

(1) Two 'thumbs up'

(2) One thumb up and one down or

(3) Two thumbs down

ALL THUMBS DOWN.... MQL5 Sucks...works for the Brokers..

n8937g :

To bad )< 8(
That seemed to be the general consensus when it first came out, so I was wondering what the assessment with it is now that people have had some time with it.
But take heart, I and many others, including he brokers ( I changed brokers a while back and asked all of the ones i looked at about this issue), think that MQL4 will still be around for quite a while.So are you gong to bite the bullet and keep on coding in v5 or drop it until such time as the demise of v4 is imminent and we have no choice?

n8937g:

Frankly I'm starting to wonder if in fact the brokers don't have 'adaptive, self learning' (neural net?) ' software that shifts the balance back to their favor if one is becoming consistently successful and actually has a positive ROI (I've heard this actually is SUPPOSED to be possible, but so far I've not had any 'consistent' success with this).

It's easy to dismiss this notion as unrealistic, and perhaps paranoid unfounded 'conspiracy theories' because it 'couldn't possibly happen'!

How often do we hear of and that many of us have way to much personal experience with having a ForEx system that is very profitable, but for no discernible reason eventually stops being so: over and over again. There has to be SOME reason and explanation for these. As I’m sure many have: I wonder just what IS the cause of this happening consistently over and over again?

But remember a few years ago when the JPY took a huge hit and dropped by about 2/3 of its value because their stock market was basically a 'rigged insiders game'? Who would of thought that it would be possible to get away with such things either. But it did indeed happen with very real consequences. Going long on the JPY for about the next two years after the collapse would of made any of us VERY wealthy as by then it was back up to at least 75% of what it was before this massive, correctional economic collapse. I wasn't in the ForEx market then, but even I knew that they JPY WOULD make a very significant comeback in a relatively short period of time.

Also look at the big US investment banks, institutions in conjunction with the stock markets and other investment institutions etc along with the idiotic mortgage policies and actions that failed because of unrealistic and even unethical and possibly if not probably (should be) ''illegal' practices' that were one of the major causes of plunging the US into this major (and irreversible) recession. Especially considering that many of the top executives of these major investment banks and firms and stock markets and other investment vehicles, brokers and brokerages made huge fortunes both when these failed AND when they got bailed out.

Mind you, given the fact that the 'talking puppet head' of 'Ronny Raygun' summarily dismissed and disposed of sound banking practices and regulations that had been proven to be relatively safe, stable and successful for hundreds of years that resulted in the wide scale and massive 'Savings and Loans' failures and debacles that resulted in huge financial loses in the US. Now 1~% of the population of the US have and are in control of ~99% of that nations wealth. '(!NOT) Free Enterprise at it's finest and best, and most certainly not a 'fair distribution of wealth'. Though in the fact that most of our global economies are now completely unsustainable 'consumer' oriented and driven markets that are based on desires' and not 'needs along with the fact that the current foundations of economics, especially in the 'advanced' industrialized and (un)wealthy are based on faulty premises and foundations adapted from completely different realms and that are no way sustainable. They are only considered to be and ARE 'healthy' only IF they are 'infinitely growing' which is completely unrealistic over any significant period of time. These conditions are now present and pervasive as enough time has elapsed utilizing them that has and is causing major, wide scale catastrophic failure. These have long since 'collapsed' but they have been artificially propped up for some time now in efforts to avoid what is now transpiring and that will continue to happen until we revamp our models of what realistic and sustainable economics and wealth truly are. We have bankrupt and completely poisoned all of our ecosystems and our entire world and are now on an irreversible and VERY rapid spiral descent and collapse which will see about 2/3 of ALL life on our planet dead and extinct by the end of THIS century! Add into this the fact that there are WAY too many of us on this planet for the current means and technologies to support and sustain us without seeing the cascading failures on numerous fronts that are happening now and are only going to considerably worsen at an ever increasing rate and almost ALL of them will collapse entirely.

I haven't heard of anyone going to jail or even prosecuted in the US over these unwise, unsound and perhaps unethical business practices.

Then there is the fact that numerous ForEx brokerages around the world are unregulated. As noted above, look at the abuses and outright scams and rip offs on massive scales in investment markets that ARE regulated.

Inside scoop of (retail) ForEx brokers

I know what happens in the betting market and wondered if the systems thing applied to the curency market too. In the sports betting market when a profitable system is found it then gets 'over used' and the probability of odds offered gets reduced to unprofitabiliy. Something similar must happen in the money markets a profitable method gets sold people are 'trained' in it and then at some critical mass it changes the way the market behaves. People adjust the Fib values to compensate or instead of comming out with 10pips change to 9pips and so on. Behaviour is likely to change slowly. I can't help thinking and some of my learning phase would seem to confirm that when you enter a trade, that trade is having an effect of the price, either that or my statistical ability to chose the wrong direction was very high during the quiet times of the Market.

One EA tried to work out where in the price info chain the broker you were useng was by comparing the deviation with another set of banks data. Giving you the trader a valid reason to complain and make the decision to change broker.

I have heard people saying x trillion traded on the market every day - but I have yet to see a time breakdown or on which currencies those trillions are traded and has me feeling as if that fact has some unstable reasoning accompaning it.

I also remember a time when the UK joined a certain monitary scheem and the Bank of England could not support its own currency. I have heard it told that G. Soros used that time to become a millionare.

Just some of my thoughts.

Reason: