Secondary 'Over Ride' / 'Master Control' EA technique ?

I have a couple of small commercial EAs that will add or overrides some settings in another EA on a chart. Some of them such as a 2 stage TSL that I have can select numerous different pairs to act upon when attached to just one chart.

I want to make some EAs that utilize this technique, but I don't know what that is or how to do it. I've been looking, but....

Thanks for any and all assistance or 'pointing me in the right direction' which will be appreciated.

Regards and Prosperous trading,

DougRH

FourX:
I have a couple of small commercial EAs that will add or overrides some settings in another EA on a chart.

EAs should only modify their own trades. They use a magic number in the OrderSend and use the same number in the OrderSelect loop to filter out all others.

Your EAs are BROKEN.

WHRoeder:

EAs should only modify their own trades. They use a magic number in the OrderSend and use the same number in the OrderSelect loop to filter out all others.

Your EAs are BROKEN.

Hi WH,

You are misunderstanding me. Everything I am referring to is working just fine and as it should be. What I am trying to figure out is the programming techniques that will allow me to do similar things:

1) I have an EA on a chart that works just fine, but in this example, which we will call EA 1, that doesn't have an External 'Stop Loss' variable.

2) I have a small commercial 'utility' EA, in this case 'PipBoxer.Com's 'TSL'' that adds a '2 stage' TSL External Variables settings in EA 1. This PBTL.ex4 can also over ride the TSL in the primary EA if it has a TSL External Variable in it, thus adding a 2 stage TSL capacity to it. I can put this 'PBTS.ex4' onto any chart and then select whatever currency pairs that I want it to act on and control, that has a '2 stage' TSL that will then apply the (2 stage) TSL on EA 1 and any other active currency pair charts regardless of what EA they have on them.

They also have a similar 'SAR_TSL.ex4' EA

PipBoxer had it's own ForEx EA trading system that it sold along with a number of such 'speciality' utilities such as this. I see that the website has changed now. I don't know if it is the same people with different product lines now or ???

Their are other such examples. I want to make some of these myself so that I can add or override external variables that existing (commercial) EAs either don't have or that I want to have additional control over the primary EA. In this example EA 1.

I hope that this clarifies it for you and that you or someone else can advise and enlighten me on this.

Regards,

DougRH

An Order with two different managers sounds like a tug-of-war to me. This is un-likely to work well unless somehow you can control the external variables of other EA's. I'll recommend you study article: Changing the External Parameters of MQL4 Programs without Restarting and see if there's something there which can help you.

There are allot of stop-loss managers out there but I cannot see a universal method of controlling other EA's just by managing their Extern Variables because different authors may specify SL/TP in points, pips or percentage. I hope the above link helps, i haven't had the time to go through it yet.

Hi UnberZen (< 8)

Actually I've never had any problem with any of these and they all work very well and can be a real boon for adding desired features for (commercial) EAs and can be very advantageous for adding or enhancing control of existing of EAs.

Even if one has the source code for (rather large and complex) EAs, these 'Axillary EAs' can be much more readily utilized to adding features to any EA without the complexity of having to dissect and figure out exactly what and how the whole EA works and (for me anyway) the distinct possibility of (totally) messing them up and rendering them completely dysfunctional. Like other similar program 'classes' of objects or modules. Once one has them, it is very easy to add a wide variety of other features that one wishes to utilize very quickly, readily and effectively to a very wide variety of EAs.

Thus my desire to figure out the programming technique for these and to build up a library of them. Once I know how it is done, I can add and apply a wide variety of features to any other EAs that I wish VERY quickly with virtually no grief or hassles.

(8 >) Prosperous Trading (< 8)

Regards,

DougRH

FourX:

I have a couple of small commercial EAs that will add or overrides some settings in another EA on a chart. Some of them such as a 2 stage TSL that I have can select numerous different pairs to act upon when attached to just one chart.

I want to make some EAs that utilize this technique, but I don't know what that is or how to do it. I've been looking, but....

Some of you 'walking encyclopaedias of MQL4' must know what this technique is and how to do it!

Please: Enlighten me!

Thanks,

DougRH

use global variables, or a text file

FourX:
Some of you 'walking encyclopaedias of MQL4' must know what this technique is and how to do it!
Previously asked and answered. OrderSelect loop withOUT filters, ordermodify. Don't use Symbol() or NULL or Period()
Reason: