MT4 tester

How big of a difference is between tester and real trading? Does it impact trading robots?

Because I made a program that makes 20÷60% profit on all currencies per month (around 300 to 1000 trades)... So assuming I run this on a demo account, will it be any close?

Also what does Period mean in tester? Does that override timeframe in trading expert? It probably doesn't because the results are different if I change timeframe in expert. So what does it do?

If you use "all ticks" - the only reason is a strong difference between 2000, 2005 and 2010. A great one, I am still keeping a bot with perfect for 2000, but crappy for today code.

26994:
If you use "all ticks" - the only reason is a strong difference between 2000, 2005 and 2010. A great one, I am still keeping a bot with perfect for 2000, but crappy for today code.

how do you "use all ticks"? Isn't that by default?

also my program doesn't rely on profitable/losing ammount of trades, but on average profit/average loss trades. So it's basically 55/45 in quantity for winning trades, but 30/20 pip profit.

on your second test in the video you are close to a margin-call.

nevermind this tests :S

Used real trading history which gives totaly different results. mostly all losses.

Reason: