Well, lucky me, I have just found workaround of this (peculiar) issue:
- Have indicator open in MetaEditor;
- Start EA testing, put indicator on chart (via Menu or Load template) and put period separators on chart (toggle with [Ctrl-Y]); it works for me, since I am testing on 1h, and indic changes once daily;
- When price (time-wise) passes the period separator (and indic should update), [Alt-Tab] to MetaEditor and hit (gently please) [F5] to compile the indicator;
- This also updates indicator on testing chart! Huray!
Still, this is not the solution I am looking for. After all, it is A.D. 2015.
S love nia
I never said nor thought it was MetaQuotes forum.
I thought it is problem with not optimal Indicator code.
The last time I reported to MetaQuotes, it looked like no-one is really reading the reports.
This seems to be an issue many many years old. Since they have not solved this, I can only guess it is on MetaQuotes 'Ignore' list.
1. Put your indicator do you want on normal chart and saveas template same as your EA name
2. Backtest normally, in visual mode, you will see indicator on backtest chart.