Download MetaTrader 5

How to Trade the Gold Silver Ratio ? - page 2

To add comments, please log in or register
Anton Nel
Anton Nel  
Stanislav Korotky:

It looks like an opportunity to buy XAUUSD and sell XAGUSD in 1:1 ratio at the moment.

Based on 1 hour time frame? What about MONTH TF?
niloufar mohamadi
niloufar mohamadi  
Stanislav Korotky:

It looks like an opportunity to buy XAUUSD and sell XAGUSD in 1:1 ratio at the moment.

Thank you , can you share your idea 
Anton Nel
Anton Nel  

The average for gold-silver ratio should be 50 (I guess). Current is 66. It means the silver is still cheap.

Stanislav Korotky
Stanislav Korotky  
Anton Nel:
Based on 1 hour time frame? What about MONTH TF?
Timeframe is selected according to a trader's preferred strategy. H1 is ok for trades which should be in the market for 1-2 days. Trading on MN1 looks like an investment. My setup is not optimized for MN1, but it does confirm that XAUXAG should have been sold (sell XAUUSD, buy XAGUSD) starting from May 2016.
niloufar mohamadi:
Thank you , can you share your idea 
The idea is to monitor a spread between 2 symbols and if it expands too wide then trade both in direction of narrowing. You can analyse the absolute cross rate in its channel (as Anton suggested above) or a relative change of the spread during a given period. For example, on my screenshot you may see several indicators for the later user case. Two of them are not mine and freely available on the Internet. Again, I can provide a link to the russian forum with discussion.
Michele Manenti
Michele Manenti  
The cyclicity of GOLD and silver allows you to manage investments that no other index or forex would allow
Anton Nel
Anton Nel  
Michele Manenti:
The cyclicity of GOLD and silver allows you to manage investments that no other index or forex would allow

Meaning?

aaaTriplaX
aaaTriplaX  

Hi, 

could you please help me...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/221504

Can somebody provide his/her indicator? Is it synchronized by DateTime?

BR, Z.

Symbol for GOLD SILVER Ratio
Symbol for GOLD SILVER Ratio
  • www.mql5.com
Hi Forum, I would like to trade a Ratio. For example the GOLD/SILVER...
To add comments, please log in or register