Drawing Standard Objects current timeframe only, not 'All Timeframes'

I am trialing MT5 and am very frustrated at object creation, eg: Fibonacci Line Drawing Tool.

It seems to always default to 'All Timeframes' in 'Visualisation' tab of object properties. This is a real pain, as every time I draw an object I have to then edit its properties, deselect all of the major time periods one by one, then go into the relevant major time period and enable the time period I want.

Is there any setting that I am missing that results in objects being created by default ONLY in the timeframe that it is being drawn in?

I notice that there is for example chartobjectsfibo.mqh - I guess it could be changed in here? But to change this for every drawing tool would mean changing every section of every relevant mqh file.

Thanks

Jesse

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Properties - Documentation on MQL5

boffotrader:

I am trialing MT5 and am very frustrated at object creation, eg: Fibonacci Line Drawing Tool.

It seems to always default to 'All Timeframes' in 'Visualisation' tab of object properties. This is a real pain, as every time I draw an object I have to then edit its properties, deselect all of the major time periods one by one, then go into the relevant major time period and enable the time period I want.

I assume you mean manually drawn and not by your own code ?

Usually when you make changes to a Fib those changes are reflected next time you ue the Fiv tool,  for example change the levels or colours,  this does not seem to be true for the timeframes,  you may want to make this suggestion to the Service Desk.  

There is a workaround though,  create the Fib as you want it,  then to create another select the Fib you just created,  hold the Ctrl key and drag and drop the Fib to another place on the chart,  this creates a duplicate with the same settings, including the timeframes it is drawn on. Thats is the best suggestion I can come up with that does not involve coding . . .  if you can code you can make a simple script to draw your Fibs just as you need them drawn . . .

RaptorUK:

I assume you mean manually drawn and not by your own code ?

Usually when you make changes to a Fib those changes are reflected next time you ue the Fiv tool,  for example change the levels or colours,  this does not seem to be true for the timeframes,  you may want to make this suggestion to the Service Desk.  

There is a workaround though,  create the Fib as you want it,  then to create another select the Fib you just created,  hold the Ctrl key and drag and drop the Fib to another place on the chart,  this creates a duplicate with the same settings, including the timeframes it is drawn on. Thats is the best suggestion I can come up with that does not involve coding . . .  if you can code you can make a simple script to draw your Fibs just as you need them drawn . . .

Thanks RaptorUK

Yes I do mean manually drawn, sorry for not clarifying this in original post. And yes the other settings do hold based on previous object parameters, not the timeframes. I am very new to MQL5 (its doing my head in atm lol)  and would not have considered myself such a good coder in Mql4, have never written anything other than mainly indicators in MT4 and some basic experts. Can you think of any examples of a MQL5 script online that is used to draw an object using a standard function that I could use as a guide?

Similarly if I managed to get a script to do this, is it possible to create and link it to a toolbar icon?

Also sorry for my ignorance, but by making a suggestion to the service desk, do you mean calling one of the numbers here https://www.metatrader5.com/en/company/contacts or is there a more specific way?

Cheers

Jesse

Contacts
  • www.metatrader5.com
If you have any questions about our company or products, please use the below information to contact us. You are also welcome to visit any of our offices

boffotrader:

Thanks RaptorUK

Yes I do mean manually drawn, sorry for not clarifying this in original post. And yes the other settings do hold based on previous object parameters, not the timeframes. I am very new to MQL5 (its doing my head in atm lol)  and would not have considered myself such a good coder in Mql4, have never written anything other than mainly indicators in MT4 and some basic experts. Can you think of any examples of a MQL5 script online that is used to draw an object using a standard function that I could use as a guide?

Similarly if I managed to get a script to do this, is it possible to create and link it to a toolbar icon?

Also sorry for my ignorance, but by making a suggestion to the service desk, do you mean calling one of the numbers here https://www.metatrader5.com/en/company/contacts or is there a more specific way?

Cheers

Jesse

Here you can write to ServiceDesk.

boffotrader:

Thanks RaptorUK

I don't think it is possible to link it to a toolbar ICON,  I might be wrong but it wasn't in MT4 so I assume the same is true with MT5 but I haven't checked.  You can however assign it a hot key combination,  for example Ctrl Z 

You might find something in the CodeBase . . . 

For the Service Desk goto your Profile,  then on the left side of the page there is a link to the Service Desk. 

Here in the documentation, you have an example of selecting different timeframe for the visibility of an object.
Reason: