How can I trade future contracts and commodities on MQL4?

hi guys.

Im not a pro when it comes to programming or trading, however...

I want to use MQL4 to trade any commodity - from milk to crude oil - using Larry Williams indicators (WillCo, ProGo and others).

I downloaded and installed MQL4, but i cant understand how to manage to get access to commodity futures. All I see are combinations of currencies. (usd/gpb, usd/jpy ...)

Not interested in forex yet, just want to stick with commodites for a while.

Please Help if possible :)

If there issent any commoditys in the "Market watch" menu in your MetaTrader when you have connected to your broker they maybe dont have the possibility to trade with commoditys?

Some brokers only offer one "area" of trades for example only forex, only oil..

Take a look at your brokers homepage.

whitneywhiteman:

hi guys.

Im not a pro when it comes to programming or trading, however...

I want to use MQL4 to trade any commodity - from milk to crude oil - using Larry Williams indicators (WillCo, ProGo and others).

I downloaded and installed MQL4, but i cant understand how to manage to get access to commodity futures. All I see are combinations of currencies. (usd/gpb, usd/jpy ...)

Not interested in forex yet, just want to stick with commodites for a while.

Please Help if possible :)

Speed is absolutely right. It does not depend on the terminal, and from a broker who provides you access to trading, it depends on the broker whether there commodity markets, such as oats, wheat, sugar, oil ...
So look for a broker that provides the opportunity to trade not only in the currency market but also in the commodity market, too.

fozi:
Speed is absolutely right. It does not depend on the terminal, and from a broker who provides you access to trading, it depends on the broker whether there commodity markets, such as oats, wheat, sugar, oil ...
So look for a broker that provides the opportunity to trade not only in the currency market but also in the commodity market, too.

Thank you guys... will contact the broker.

Hey ...

I have another problem...

The brokers I deal with are offering a certain type of trading platform that i can get as a subscription.

When I ask them about using metapro... they say they wont hook up to other systems.

What do i do ?

whitneywhiteman:

The brokers I deal with are offering a certain type of trading platform that i can get as a subscription.

When I ask them about using metapro... they say they wont hook up to other systems.

What do i do ?

1. Use the platforms the broker supports
  2. or switch to a broker that supports MT

WHRoeder:
  1. Use the platforms the broker supports
  2. or switch to a broker that supports MT

WHRoeder, I'd gladly use both - metapro as a radar, the brokers platform as a trading station, however... i cant get any live feeds on stocks and commodities.

its just forex feeds off of some australian server... lame...

im not that much of a tech guy ... otherwise i'd code it all myself...

either way ... thank you for your support guys.

Reason: