Running a trading system on two PCs with diferent results.

Hello,

Im running a robot that I develop that gives good results, but im testing it on two PCs, that is two separated PCs with demo accounts, for some reason i dont understand, the trading system will follow the same strategies that i outline working OK, but sometimes the demos on each PC will do diferrent things, for example:

1. On one of the PCs the systems performs trades, but the other doesnt open any trade.

2. Or sometimes the system on one PC WILL DO A TRADE but the other PC will do the trade sometime after.

Since Im running this system with the exact same settings on each of the two computers, I expect them to do exactly the same, but sometimes they dont, does somebody know why is that, or what im I missing?? Both Pcs have the same Windows, and Im using the Tadawulf Demo on MetaTrader 4. What can be causing this problem ??

Any info will be apreciated.

Thanks

Print (maybe print to a file) the parameters that contribute to the decision to make a trade (tick by tick) and compare.

See what you find.

phy:

Print (maybe print to a file) the parameters that contribute to the decision to make a trade (tick by tick) and compare.

See what you find.

How do i do that ???

Thanks

1. How do i do that ???

http://tinyurl.com/29sg3s8

2. Is one broker a 4 digit and the other a 5? The EA isn't adjusting the parameters.

WHRoeder:
  1. How do i do that ???

http://tinyurl.com/29sg3s8

2. Is one broker a 4 digit and the other a 5? The EA isn't adjusting the parameters.

The broker is 4 digit but it adjust ok, as soon as the yet an example of the error i will post some screenshots.

Thank You

alberto3006:

The broker is 4 digit but it adjust ok, as soon as the yet an example of the error i will post some screenshots.

Thank You

OK im attaching some sreenshots from september 16 2010, as you may notice on one screenshot the system performs 3 trades 2 sells and 1 buy all winning trades (example 2), but in the second screenshot you will olny see two trades, two buys also winning trades (example 1. The settings and parameters are the same on both PCs yet the systems do diferent trades sometimes, im guessing there must be something with the firewall or the internet connnection but honestly i have no idea.

Is there a way to directly compare parameters.

Thanks

alberto3006:

OK im attaching some sreenshots from september 16 2010, as you may notice on one screenshot the system performs 3 trades 2 sells and 1 buy all winning trades (example 2), but in the second screenshot you will olny see two trades, two buys also winning trades (example 1. The settings and parameters are the same on both PCs yet the systems do diferent trades sometimes, im guessing there must be something with the firewall or the internet connnection but honestly i have no idea.

Is there a way to directly compare parameters.

Thanks

Can somebody help please ??

Thanks

As I mentioned above...

Put some debug statements in your code to output interesting information that might tell you what is going wrong.

You can use Print() statements, or, if it were me, I would probably output to a CSV file and compare the two -- timestamps and data -- using a spreadsheet program -- to see what is different.

See https://docs.mql4.com/files to learn about writing to a file.

> Since Im running this system with the exact same settings on each of the two computers, I expect them to do exactly the same

Well dont - its not going to happen for the vast majority of EAs
You could only hope for (but not expect) parity on 'big signal' momentum strategies
You will even get some divergence in ordering between instances of MT on the same PC and same brokers server

Many, many factors come to play e.g. CPU allocation, any out-of-step that occurs in tick processing, network latency randomly affecting one instance or another, internet packet loss, etc, etc, etc

-BB-

Reason: