Old tick disturb my ea - page 2

i would start with

if(!IsConnected())
    {
     Print("No connection!");
     return(0);
    }

Because you wrote:

....i have several errors in journal (old tick, data connection failed, ping failed...)

victor21:

Thanks for the idea, but the EA is in test for 6 month now, and no problem so far...

so we can assume that the errors is the old ticks or the bad connection, and if this is it, how to reboot the EA, so it can trade, because right now it's stopped....

The classic "help me! but don't tell me I need to change anything!" thread...

I like to insert prints but also like to turn them off...

extern int bool debug = true; // set false for no prints

if(debug)Print("Here I am");

Thanks for your answer, kind of you

Sorry if i annoyed someone, i just duscuss yours idea with you....

The ea works fine, i rater think the problem is caused by the connection, so i'll test everything to be sure...

Question, a data connection failed (or ping failed) could stop the start() function ?

Thanks !

No connection - > no ticks -> no start function.

victor21: 2010.09.19 14:18
My ea is a high frequency trader so it takes a lot of trades, but the las two days i have several errors in journal (old tick, data connection failed, ping failed...), and not a single trade since then !

The last two days were Saturday(9/18) and Sunday (9/19), market closed, servers were taken offline, rebooted, etc. Restart the terminal.

victor21:

Thanks for your answer, kind of you

Sorry if i annoyed someone, i just duscuss yours idea with you....

The ea works fine, i rater think the problem is caused by the connection, so i'll test everything to be sure...

Question, a data connection failed (or ping failed) could stop the start() function ?

Thanks !

Victor,

Did you solved the problem, since I have the same.

I think that this error occurs as you trade with MultiPairs EA.

Just put the EA within the slowest pair, like EURCHF.

Please let me know.

Reason: