Custom Indicators MT5

Hi to everyone!

I need your help. When I try to use custom indicators (download from internet) in MT5, it doesn't show me anything! I've pasted files into MT5->MQL5->Indicators.

I'm not able to see, in the quick left menu, any of my personal indicators!

Thank you very much :)

P.S. I use a 64-bit System, and I even tried to unistall and reinstall MT5 but unsuccessfully... 

Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5
Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5
  • Андрей
  • www.mql5.com
I will not list all of the new possibilities and features of the new terminal and language. They are numerous, and some novelties are worth the discussion in a separate article. Also there is no code here, written with object-oriented programming, it is a too serous topic to be simply mentioned in a context as additional advantages for developers. In this article we will consider the indicators, their structure, drawing, types and their programming details, as compared to MQL4. I hope that this article will be useful both for beginners and experienced developers, maybe some of them will find something new.

leo1987:

Hi to everyone!

I need your help. When I try to use custom indicators (download from internet) in MT5, it doesn't show me anything! I've pasted files into MT5->MQL5->Indicators.

I'm not able to see, in the quick left menu, any of my personal indicators!

Thank you very much :)

P.S. I use a 64-bit System, and I even tried to unistall and reinstall MT5 but unsuccessfully... 

once pasted compile it (compile button is there) in mql5 editor, then it shows in your trading terminal. possible if it is written in mql5 language.

Open this mq5 file in mql5 editor, compile it and see if there is any error message or not.

leo1987:

Hi to everyone!

Did you restart MT5 ?

Hi guys!

Thanks for answering first of all :)

Once copied the file into MT5 directory, I click on "Compile" in MT5 Editor and I receive these two errors: "can't open "C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Indicators\MACDonRSI.ex5" output expert file" and "EX5 write error".

I've never had these kind of problems with MT4! :|

Thank you! 

leo1987:

Hi guys!

Thanks for answering first of all :)

Once copied the file into MT5 directory, I click on "Compile" in MT5 Editor and I receive these two errors: "can't open "C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Indicators\MACDonRSI.ex5" output expert file" and "EX5 write error".

I've never had these kind of problems with MT4! :|

Thank you! 

That has nothing to do with MT5, it's the UAC of Windows. You have several choice :

• Install a new MT5 platform outside any Windows system directory, something like C:\MT5\BrokerX
  • Start you platform with administrator right : right-click on your MT5 shortcut and then "Run as administrator"
  • Use MT5 options.

even i had a proble with mt 4 ,  i have compiled custom indicator , but its showing 2 errors , "can't open c/prog file/ metatrader / experts / indicator name "   & EX4 write error  ,

please suggest me something as i am unable to use MT4 custom indicator in my laptop .

request on urgent basis .

thank you .

I think - it may be because of 2 reasons:

• indicator does not exist, or
  • wrong path to indicator's directory (depends on your build number and windows) - read this post about HowTo
Reason: