How Do I protect my code?

Ubuntu:

How do I keep my code hidden if I want to share it but don't want the source to be seen?

You can distribute the ex4 files. Unfortunately, they don't provide good security and can be decompiled. Another option is to put part of the code into DLL files.

Search the forum. This topic is already discussed a lot.

robofx.org:

You can distribute the ex4 files. Unfortunately, they don't provide good security and can be decompiled. Another option is to put part of the code into DLL files.

Search the forum. This topic is already discussed a lot.

in my point of view dll files can be decompiled as easily as ext4 files.

this is the same question as with all encryption tecnologies, how much worth is your code and how much are you willing to spend on protection technologies...

-

-there is only one secur option, compute the signals on your server, validate the EA on server, if validation (maybe trough ip/account/username password) is succesfull, send the signal to your EA.

zzuegg:

this is the same question as with all encryption tecnologies, how much worth is your code and how much are you willing to spend on protection technologies...

-

-there is only one secur option, compute the signals on your server, validate the EA on server, if validation (maybe trough ip/account/username password) is succesfull, send the signal to your EA.

That's true but another question appears in the case with web server. How reliable will the EA become? Factors like connection speed to web server, server load, processing time may affect the normal work of expert advisors.

robofx.org:
That's true but another question appears in the case with web server. How reliable will the EA become? Factors like connection speed to web server, server load, processing time may affect the normal work of expert advisors.

this depends strongly on your strategie. especially on the timeframe you are trading. also today you can rent a 4core server with 8gb ram and a 100mbit connection for only 50€ per month so serverload and connection speed should not be a issiue. also nowadays the ping is mostly below 100ms even if the signal goes around the half globe.

so if your strategie does not depends on 2, maybe 5 pips then i think you will be fine..

-

zzuegg:

-

what is the best way to protect the EA

They can not be decompiled since Build 600 2.2014

Please don't resurrect five year old threads.

Reason: