Modifying an order that was being executed by an expert advisor

Hello everyone,

I have added a stop loss and a take profit to an order. However, the ea also works with a stop loss and take profit but this is not visable. My stop loss is lower than the stop loss that the EA has set for a buy order. Will the stop loss of the EA still work if I manually add a stop loss and take profit? I have done this as a security for if the VPS server goes down for example.  

Well that only depends on how it's coded and we don't know that.

Marco vd Heijden:
Well that only depends on how it's coded and we don't know that.
But he has assumed that his VPS is out of service ;)
So, how you answer ~~ depends on how it's coded ~~ 

forexx_trader:

Hello everyone,

I have added a stop loss and a take profit to an order. However, the ea also works with a stop loss and take profit but this is not visable. My stop loss is lower than the stop loss that the EA has set for a buy order. Will the stop loss of the EA still work if I manually add a stop loss and take profit? I have done this as a security for if the VPS server goes down for example.  

Great protection and smart opinion
But I advice you to update it to do the both (hidden and standard SL) automatically by the EA itself
Do you have the source code?

Mohammad Soubra:
But he has assumed that his VPS is out of service ;)
So, how you answer ~~ depends on how it's coded ~~ 

Here:

forexx_trader:

Hello everyone,

Will the stop loss of the EA still work if I manually add a stop loss and take profit?

If the EA is continuously modifying the stoploss you can modify it manually but it will snap right back into it's old place by the EA on the next tick.

Unless it is coded as a stealth stop and has it's own variable so that the stoploss variable does not get shared.

This is in the code and also if the code works with OrderStopLoss() you know this.

forexx_trader:

Hello everyone,

A simple answer is YES.  The stop loss of the EA still work whether you put manual SL or not.
Reason: