how much would this cost? - page 2

Lol i like that link WHR.

BarrowBoy, it is exactly what it is, just lines with conditions on them. It's not going to be automated, I'll be drawing the fibs myself, once drawn and price touches whichever line then it'll execute I really don't see the big deal about this. If you search your Code Base for "SendCloseOrder" it's almost the same concept as that. Just horizontal lines and conditions applied to them.

I'll attach you this EA I let programmed, unfortunately he's unavailable for the next couple of months. Anyhow its 270 LOC or so and he charged me $75 for it, you have the programmer's details in the codes. 

The EA is based on price action, I have 4 versions of it but I didn't pursue since I found a simpler way of trading manually. If you're telling me what I want done is more complicated than this EA then I must be trippin'.

ps. I initially wanted to share this EA on here eventually, just haven't had the time to post it up with the full details of its functions. In fact I don't have the time now either, but I realized just now why don't I attach the whole project as it is before I sent out to the programmer.

Maybe and hopefully it'll be useful to someone else. 

I might not a pro programmer, even tho I had A's in IT in high school, I'm pretty sure it's not hard to tell the difference once you compare the simplicity level of the EA attached and the one I want done. Anything over 500$ is ABSURD! Even $250 for that matter.

mank 

Files:
project.zip  195 kb

My advice to you is as follows:

- Consider and document your non-functional requirements as well as fully documenting the functional requirements

- Read the thread "There are ea's and there are EA's" to help with this

- Choose a programmer wisely - note that programmers' fees are a function of many things (project scope, experience and expertise, availability, desire for project, goodwill etc.) and therefore vary widely

- Avoid sizing the job at 20 mins or telling programmers what their fees should be as this will reduce the amount of help you get - you should focus on gathering your requirements and deciding what you can afford to pay

- Avoid statements like "I really have no interest in learning (tried but lack motivation)" in one of your other posts - again it will turn many people off helping you

- Consider replacing the programmer you are currently using - I've looked at the latest version of your source code

Hope this is of some help.

CB

Thanks for the input and the effort to go through the codings. They're nice outlooks your Advice.. I guess whoever gives me the best deal overall I guess.

Cheers mate,

mank 

ckingher:

I don't like advertising, selling, or marketing....

To confirm this, I took my website down and you will not be able to visit.

Why? I am making enough money with my EA that I don't need to sell.

However, email me if anybody wants a really A+++ well done EA.

You can have the rights to the source codes, including all indicators....

You can sell it on Amazon or Ebay if you like.

Sell for $100 each. With only 1000 customers, you would have earn $100,000 already.

Imagine that kind of money....

There are millions and billions of people out there too.

My EA is by no means a simple EA. It's full-featured with quality bells and whistles of a superior EA.

I might give it away for FREE depending on my mood when I receive your email.

If the EA works profitably why sell it for 100 each when you could trade with it yourself and make more.

If it doesnt work profitably the bad feedback you would get on Amazon.com from the first few customers that tried it, would negate any chances of getting 1000 customers.

TO SDC,

Nah! Duh! I just wanted to see how many losers are out there.

Humba! I ain't selling my system. And I ain't giving it away.

My system is too good. Give it to the wrong hand and they can get too rich too fast.

It can create market meltdown. It is best to keep it to myself.

Everybody enjoy life and have fun trading....

ckingher:

TO SDC,

Nah! Duh! I just wanted to see how many losers are out there.

Humba! I ain't selling my system. And I ain't giving it away.

My system is too good. Give it to the wrong hand and they can get too rich too fast.

It can create market meltdown. It is best to keep it to myself.

Everybody enjoy life and have fun trading....

:-)

Hilarious !!

Yes, indeed...

People get so envious that they end up disturbing me...

You know who you are...

You need to quit disturbing me...

There is no future in envy...

I am quite sure you get plenty of blessings for your envious and jealous nature.....

If not, learn to have some shame and honor.

Learn to quit and leave me alone.

So what if I am better.

Reason: