MT5 Update during optimization - restart deletes results?

Hello
 I am running a optimization for my EA that took a bunch of hours already. I used the Cloud network for it too. Since the update came out i cant use the cloud service anymore. i guess i need to restart mt5 to use it. my question is..... do I have to start my optimization from the beginning if i restart mt5?

Amion:
Hello
 I am running a optimization for my EA that took a bunch of hours already. I used the Cloud network for it too. Since the update came out i cant use the cloud service anymore. i guess i need to restart mt5 to use it. my question is..... do I have to start my optimization from the beginning if i restart mt5?

Normally not, from documentation we can read :

The testing results are added up by the terminal into a special cache of results (the result cache), for a quick access to them when they are needed. For each set of parameters, the terminal searches the result cache for already available results from the previous runs, in order to avoid re-runs. If the result with such a set of parameters is not found, the agent is given the task to conduct the testing.

thank you sir that was very helpful

Did you resolve this issue?

I have just lost 2 weeks of backtesting as server has crashed - MT4 never brought back results from the past. I have cache files saved. How do I restore these?

Reason: