Are Chart Indicator Layouts/Configuration Stored In Cache Files?

Hi,

I have a set of charts that had evolved over time with different indicator settings. However, the template files I had originally created for these charts have not been updated recently and do not reflect the latest chart configurations in the terminal, of which there have been many. I loaded my charts today for the first time since Christmas and encountered some issues that have now been resolved. However, each chart has lost its latest indicator configurations. With the template files being older versions, I want to see if I can reinstate any such cached configuration files from my daily workstation backup(s).

Does MT4 save the "current" chart layout in temp or cached files that I could possibly restore from? If so, where can they be found and how are they named?

Cheers and thanks.

Geester: Does MT4 save the "current" chart layout in temp or cached files that I could possibly restore from?

It saves them in the config folder and restores from there. You've already lost those.

Go to your backups. You do backup your system, don't you? YouTube/watch?v=l7-6m2cE6JM

William Roeder:

It saves them in the config folder and restores from there. You've already lost those.

Go to your backups. You do backup your system, don't you? YouTube/watch?v=l7-6m2cE6JM

Happy New Year Mr Roeder. Here is the last sentence of the first paragraph of my question:-

"I can reinstate any such cached configuration files from my daily workstation backup(s). "

I came back to update the question as "solved". For anyone who comes across this question in the future and wants a serious answer, restoring the "profiles" folder thankfully reinstated my charts.

Cheers.