BooYa!! I'm hyped up about Forex again :))

Hey, Sensei. Look what I can do. I'm sure you've seen this picture before. He.he.he

March 15,2010 til Today. 

Open prices only

Semi-martingale

< 200 trades

Waiting for the big drop

Yada, yada :)

-BB-

Good one BB. Don't worry I'm Not gonna give the Advanced Secrets away ;)

Martingale ?, come on I'm Ubzen the CC. We don't bet according to gambler fallacies. We bet with the EV.

I'm unto you guys now. This discovery just scratch the surface. Wanna give me any more hints on how to make it better lol. Can't wait til Phillip sees this.

BarrowBoy:

Open prices only

Semi-martingale

< 200 trades

Waiting for the big drop

Yada, yada :)

-BB-

agree. ticks give one a little better perspective but not much. guess the next step would be to sell your 'discovery'?

ubzen:
... Wanna give me any more hints on how to make it better lol.

What I usually say..

Check time-of-day for pair & strategy

Do you know the minimum ATR to run this...?

Appears to be a trend follower, so look to exclude ranging...

Dont use PSAR for anything

All the usual stuff :)

Maybe we could have a generic reply thread :)

Maybe even an automated forum response mechanism...?!

What an idea :D

-BB-

To 19730719: Nah, I'm Not selling my systems for any amount of money.

To  BarrowBoy: ATR Hun, I'll look into that. Generic reply thread? Automated Response? What cha talking about -BB-?

Update with some optimization: Not bad Hen?

ubzen:

Update with some optimization: Not bad Hen?

This looks great. I'd like to build one so wonderful as this!

Do you have any hints for an aspiring EA builder? No freebies. I want to build my own systems.

So far I have built ones that work only on specific charts (aka, don't work).

LBranjord:

This looks great. I'd like to build one so wonderful as this!

Do you have any hints for an aspiring EA builder? No freebies. I want to build my own systems.

So far I have built ones that work only on specific charts (aka, don't work).

Yeah, go for mathematical justification for your systems. If that's giving you a hard time settle for logical justifications. If thats still not working then attack the popular systems. Still no luck and you're finding you need some motivations for your hard work. Then start curve fitting and playing around with meta-trader those will put a smile on your face and keep you learning. Looks like you're already doing that with the specific charts. Demo test your curve fitted systems, if they're failing then return to step 1.

ubzen:

Hey, Sensei. Look what I can do. I'm sure you've seen this picture before. He.he.he

March 15,2010 til Today.

I like. Looks like it throws out lots of false-positive entry opportunities though, judging by the lengthy periods of successive positions being closed for small losses.

Have you done any sort of statistical analyses on the expected accuracy of your entry strategy? On the flipside perhaps it is the exit strategy that is in need of improvement. What does the MFE look like for those trades that end up being closed for losses? Are you giving up floating profits?

1005phillip:

I like. Looks like it throws out lots of false-positive entry opportunities though, judging by the lengthy periods of successive positions being closed for small losses.

Have you done any sort of statistical analyses on the expected accuracy of your entry strategy? On the flipside perhaps it is the exit strategy that is in need of improvement. What does the MFE look like for those trades that end up being closed for losses? Are you giving up floating profits?

Woah Sensei :), I knew you'd get me on those. Remember your "latch-on" comment? This EA was based on that. You're correct there's allot of false-positive entry. Yes the loses are small, but Initial Stop_Loss is much bigger than I would have Imagined 3-months ago for this type of strategy. You and I are no advocates for no-lose stop-losses, however, lesson number#2 "don't set your stop_losses so tight.

As far as the "statistical analyses", I'm currently taking my time studying Article "Mathematics in Trading: How to Estimate Trade Results" found Here. I'm familiar with standard deviation, the bell shaped curve etc... from my Blackjack time. I'm not very familiar with MAE, MFE used in trading. However, they have a good logic behind them. 

One of the things I'm gonna do is create a spread_sheet with those formulas in place. Then have the back tester export the results to the spread_sheet. The system have latch-on entry. This is one way to make sure that when you enter, its got a good chance of going in your direction. Which also means good MFE and later translate to good Trailing Stops.

The Trailing Stops are again larger than what I would have expected. However that big win you see in the middle is a direct result of giving the trade room to move. But, yea the Exits sucks as I'm depending on the TS. I'm giving back Huge profits AFAI see it.

What would you recommend to help me from giving up too much floating profits? If I'm saying too much here, you can Pm me with any hints. Thank you.

Reason: