Publisher account details - external application writing to file

Is it possible to add an FTP account in Publisher via an external application? in /config there is a file called publisher but it is encrypted or garbage.. Is there any way to do this automatically that the user doesn't have to manually enter his publisher account details?

Can moderators please have a ruling on the fact that Mr. Joe Gelet is posting with his commercial company name & logo. There is nothing wrong with their posts' content & great contributions. But I find his/their postings under the company nickname & logo is unfitting & far from being fair. If eliteeservices has the right to do so under the forum rules. Than the next Tom, Mary, company X or I have the same right to do so. 

Please state the forum ruling on these. If it's to be ruled a spam then please banned him/them. They can always use other non-commercial nicknames & avatar to interact on this forum, would the knowledge they give/received be any different? If it's ruled as not being a spam. Then everyone is entitled of doing so & I will rest my case. Until it's cleared I will continue to challenge this.   

cameofx 

EDIT : typo & clearing statement. 

Additionally - someone from MetaQuotes told me to do this, and they should let everyone do it, why not we are all using and promoting their platform anyway. As long as there are only real developers and users of the MT system here, and not spammers, why not let us do whatever we want, especially if our companies (as in the case with EES) is in the business of developing products for MT4.

cameofx:

[...] is posting with his commercial company name & logo. [...]

But that's not against the forum rules. The post itself cannot be an advertisement (and it isn't in this case). There are no guidelines for nicknames & avatars.

[...] They can always use other non-commercial nicknames & avatar to interact on this forum [...]

On the contrary... If a member is representing a company then it's better that we know about it rather than have him hide behind an alias. That knowledge is important, since other users will be able to judge his posts more transparently.

eliteeservices:
Is it possible to add an FTP account in Publisher via an external application? in /config there is a file called publisher but it is encrypted or garbage.. Is there any way to do this automatically that the user doesn't have to manually enter his publisher account details?

AFAIK no. This is a security feature so as an EA will not be able to 'hijack' a Terminal by changing the FTP details (which will then be used by other experts/accounts as well...). The same goes for the built-in email client.

You don't have to use the built-in FTP client. You can implement an FTP client in a DLL or use a command-line FTP client, both of which won't have these limitations.

gordon:

On the contrary... If a member is representing a company then it's better that we know about it rather than have him hide behind an alias. That knowledge is important, since other users will be able to judge his posts more transparently.

Agreed. I'm also not sure what the distinction is here. Everyone's ultimately on this forum for financial gain, albeit mostly in terms of improving their personal (automated) trading rather than in a corporate capacity. I'm not sure why it makes a big difference if someone asking a question is doing so in order to earn money from a commercial service rather than earning money from personal trading. There have also been plenty of long discussions (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/124014 springs to mind) about people planning to set up a commercial service.

Thank you Moderator & Jjc.

Before dismissing it, allow me to explain a few points : 

- EES is a pioneer on this. I never found the instance or had the need to complain about it on other ten or so forum I've visited until now. 

- I have no problem with nicknames like JoeElite, EESfella, EESfx, etc. I don't find it obtrusive. But eliteeservices IS their company name. And the avatar IS their logo. So that would make it CREATIVE AD PLACEMENT. Everytime I look at their nickname & logo and since I know it is a company (I had not for a while) I quickly have their brand to noticed & remembered.

- How would one feel if reading topics discussed by member nicknames & avatars such as : brocompany, nobletrading.com, forexco_dot_us, forexyellowpages (these are real forex company names)? Don't take much cost to repeatedly posts relevant questions and made their brand recognized by tens of thousands I take it - visitors to this site every week. And where do we draw the line? Is animated .gif avatar promoting their product/brand OK? Are you sure you wanna see all this forex individuals/companies or websites as nicknames & avatars?

- Now I will underline what I stated on my previous post. If moderators have no further thoughts on this then I rest my case. I will adjust myself to these rules. In fact, I see this as an equal opportunity. This is free ad placement...!!. If MetaQuotes reps encourage it & moderators is OK with it. Then I'll join the bandwagon at some point in future. At least I/we discussed it and are cleared beforehand. 

Best regards ~ cameo 

> This is free ad placement...!!

Not exactly, this company has contributed several examples to the CodeBase, most have been heavily downloaded by members

We aim to strike a balance and we are watching the situation

You may (or may not) have noticed that the half-life of undeniable SPAM on the forum has been very short of late!

In the meantime, posing a leading question and answering it yourself does not alter anything

-BB-

cameofx:

[...] So that would make it CREATIVE AD PLACEMENT. [...]

Many forums have a rule that if a company representative (relevant to the forum topic) signs up, then he/she must do so under a company name and logo. This is because it's in the best interest of the forum members to know that they are talking to somebody who works in the industry. This outweighs the fact that their company name and logo might be considered as 'ad placement' (this is IMHO, but it's also a widely accepted opinion on many forums... and as I said - many forums actually have this rule).

BarrowBoy:

> This is free ad placement...!!

Not exactly, this company has contributed several examples to the CodeBase, most have been heavily downloaded by members

- Free in the context above meant free of charge of placing the ad. How come contributions be considered cost?  And...

- If all it takes is some contributions of indicators &/or EAs and some interactions on forum then as I said it don't take much
  effort/cost (read : not ad placement cost) to do it. 

- Even some of few bad/not too good EAs/Indies will accumulate many downloads over time. That's not the point.   

- And I have said that I akcnowledged their great contributions. Re-read above. 

In the meantime, posing a leading question and answering it yourself does not alter anything

-BB-

What question(s) are you referring to? Those are rhetorics to make a point. I assume you'd know that. Again re-read my post above. 

~ cameo

gordon:
Many forums have a rule that if a company representative (relevant to the forum topic) signs up, then he/she must do so under a company name and logo. This is because it's in the best interest of the forum members to know that they are talking to somebody who works in the industry. This outweighs the fact that their company name and logo might be considered as 'ad placement' (this is IMHO, but it's also a widely accepted opinion on many forums... and as I said - many forums actually have this rule).
Thank you for clearing this up Gordon. I rest my case.
Reason: