Label on order

Hi everyone,

I have a question concerning the label we get on orders on the backtester. If I take the below exemple we have : "#1 Buy 0.10 EURUSD at 1.33454 Buy(#1) (1) 1.33463"
I understanding the origin of everthing except the red value. 1.33454 is the Ask price of the order filled. We are in backtest and no slipage modelling so 1.33463 can not represent slippage. 9 points is not enough for the spread so it is not the bid. Well I have no idea of the meaning of this value.

It would be great if someone could help.

Many thanks and regards,

Nicolas

If I had to "guess" based on that teeny tiny screen cap you gave there I would say it appears your indicator used for triggering the buy has a value of 1.33454 itself (the rising red line obscured by your text box on the chart) whereas the actual market price at the time of the buy action was 1.33463.

Meaning your EA is telling the backtester "server" to place a buy order at price 1.33454 because that is the indicator value and because the backtester does not care about slippage it honors the buy order at the correct price of 1.33463 which means you are artificially inducing a 9 point slip. Or so it appears to me.

Thank you for your help.

My sendorder call does not use indicator value. I just put the Ask price when the condition is OK.

As this value appears in all th EA, I did not put a large screen shot as it does not bring more information than the one you will have using your EA and backtester.

Actually the value is the price where the mouse pointer is pointing at the time the info bx appears. try moving the pointer up a bit and wait for a new info box to appear, and you will see the new number.

Huge thanks to you kennyhubbard.
You're totally right.
Reason: