How many EA`s is optimal to run in one platform?

Hi all

Can somebody help me answer that or have experience with it?

1. How many EA`s is maximum / optimal to run in MT5 ? ( I currently have 4 )  
  2. How many MT5  platforms is maximum  / optimal to run on VPS server ? ( I currently have 3 )

Thank you 

eduardculka:

Hi all

Can somebody help me answer that or have experience with it?

1. How many EA`s is maximum / optimal to run in MT5 ? ( I currently have 4 )  
  2. How many MT5  platforms is maximum  / optimal to run on VPS server ? ( I currently have 3 )

Thank you 

1. It depends if your EAs are well coded to work together. There is no optimal, maximum is limited by computer resources only.

2. Limited only by your VPS available resources (RAM, CPU, HDD).

Distributed Computing in the MQL5 Cloud Network
Distributed Computing in the MQL5 Cloud Network
  • cloud.mql5.com
Connect to the MQL5 Cloud Network (Cloud Computing) and earn extra income around the clock — there is much work for you computer!

Almost the same question:

Can i run the same EA with different parameters and on defferent currency pair (on the same opened MT5)??

Thanks. 

chronisb:

Can i run the same EA with different parameters and on defferent currency pair (on the same opened MT5)??

Thanks. 

Of course, place your EA on a chart with the currency pair you need, then adjust the parameters. Do the same for each symbol.

chronisb:

Thanks. 

Maybe yes,  maybe no. Unless the EA has been coded with this in mind there is the risk that the EAs might interfere with each other by managing the trades for the other EA.  

So yes,  you can run the same EA twice or more,  will they work correctly ?  that depends on the design of the EA.  

RaptorUK:

Maybe yes,  maybe no. Unless the EA has been coded with this in mind there is the risk that the EAs might interfere with each other by managing the trades for the other EA.  

So yes,  you can run the same EA twice or more,  will they work correctly ?  that depends on the design of the EA.  

correct
EA can sometimes interfere with other EA when different logic
and is usually associated with the MAGIC number or slip
then, try it first on a demo account, by changing the magic number or slip
distinguish the numbers on each card
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Well the most optimal is ofcourse one. The maximal depends on computer specs and the traders mentality of the maximum computer unresponsivness they can take safely without getting mad.

On a pentium i3 with 4 RAM GB, I have two MT5 instances running. One instance is running about 30 robots and the other is copying signals.
Reason: