Always Getting 'Volume Limit' Regardless what I do and can't get any Strategy Tester results.

No matter what I do, I ALWAYS get: 'TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit....)'
In the History center I've deleted all the data, closed MT4, Restarted and Reloaded history from both MetaQuotes and FXDD.
I've tried it in different brokers and MT4 installations, different EAs: Nada !

Uninstalled MT4, cleaned registry, reinstalled MT4s and still the same thing.
I am unable to use the strategy tester at all.
HELP please if you can!

Thanks

I'm using a shorter time frame now.
How do I use the 'Period Converter' script?
Drag n Drop it on a 1 hour chart that there is only 1 minute data in the hestory center then enter the value of '60' in the Period Converter' script?
Should I have the EA that I want to run in the strateger tester first? If so, in the regular MT4 terminal or put the tester in Visual Mode, pause it and then drag n Drop the Period Converter schript onto it or ????
Thanks

Have you tried searching the forum for "unmatched" ? CB

cloudbreaker wrote >>
Have you tried searching the forum for "unmatched" ? CB

Just did. Lots of 'matches' Only ~ 90 though, so might be able to mine it effectively. Looks like more questions than answers, but nothing vnetured.....
Ta
So is the pic like your 'alter ego' or ???
Choice!

FourX:

Just did. Lots of 'matches' Only ~ 90 though, so might be able to mine it effectively. Looks like more questions than answers, but nothing vnetured.....
Ta
So is the pic like your 'alter ego' or ???
Choice!

Delete all time-frames except for M1 in '\MT4\history\broker_name\', then build all larger time-frames with the period_converter script. Problem solved.

Hi Guys,
I've deleted all the data. Have downloaded data from FXDD which someone (Gordon I think it was) said had the most reliable and consistent data available to the public; which I am now am unable to even import into the history center. I select it but nothing happens. It's all 1 minute time frame. I understand why you are recommending staying away from that so will download longer timeframes instead, IF I can import them.
I have the 'Period Converter Optimized' Library/Indicator file (Period_Converter_Opt.mq4) version installed as per the included instructions, but there is no data in the history center and can find no history files etc that it has produced. So I have no idea what to do with this or how it is (supposed to) help me with this.

As far as searching for 'unmatched' I have done that. Mostly what I find are the same questions and problems that many including me are repeatedly having problems with ad nauseum.
Considering that this IS such a common problem, it would be VERY good, and a lot less grief and aggravation for everyone on both sides of this problem, if someone would write and post a comprehensive, definitive article that even us moronic newbes can understand on this matter once and for ALL!
Unless of course it gives you experienced blokes the 'warm fuzzes' by being and feeling 'wanted and needed'. Personally I would find the frequency of it quite irritating, which I’m fairly certain you can both relate to. So I thank you both for your assistance with this perennial pain in the rear.

Ditto with the ''Order Send' error # 130' which is always popping up in the strategy tester but does not occur in normal operations.

I just don't have the time, patience or energy (literally) to keep having problems with this same thing over and over again and not get it resolved once and for all and actually get something accomplished.

I don’t get the impression that either of you are MetaQuotes employees. Considering how big and successful and presumably very profitable and wealthy they are from this; one would think that they would actually have at least SOME client end user support staff of SOME sort.

Personally I think you should both start logging your ‘support time’ on here and start invoicing MetaQuotes for it. Pass around a petition. I’m sure you would have no problem getting lots of support. SOMEBODY (PAID) has to support SOMEBODY here!

They don’t even actually have any end user support for MT4. VERY lame! Someone has to tell the rocket scientists out there what the ‘SetUp.Exe / Install.Exe’ software is and what they are supposed to do with it and how!

Don’t you just love ‘‘defacto standard’ proprietary software’? NOT!

BTW: I’m the guy that has the direct eMail marketing run to a 10,000,000 OptIn list bought and paid for and am looking for a proven, legitimate, profitable MQL4 EA to market. So if either or both you guys have one that is a proven reliable profitable EA and are willing to support it, then let’s get rich. There are lots of loser EAs out there that are only making the authors and marketing & sales people money. I know: alas I’ve bought lots of them. But I refuse to do the same.

Just in case you are unsure, let me confirm it for you: ‘Yep, I’m frustrated, feed up and losing patience with how lame so much of this hole shtick is!’ But In spite of how it must otherwise look at the moment, I’m actually very patient, even tempered and laid back most of the time.

PT Barnum would be LOVE it here!

I know that his ‘descendants’ throughout this ‘'hole' industry’ must!

FourX:

(...) Have downloaded data from FXDD which someone (Gordon I think it was).

I never said that (and don't have any experience with this broker). But I usually recommend to get data from your own Live account (the one u r actually going to trade on).

Regarding the conversion script, see here -> https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://thetrademachine.com/blog/2009/09/29/set-up-metatrader-history-data-get-90-backtesting-quality/. Step 13 details how to use the period_converter script.

No worries abou the data source. As I said, I'm not sure who it was: a moot point anyway as that isn't the problem.
I don't currently have a live account. Not going to until I can make a profit.
I did as you suggested, though I deleted ALL of the history files as I'm using Forex.Com and they have 3 demo servers, so with that and all of the time frames an all of the currecy pairs there were ~ 1,000 of them so deleted them all.
It worked: a couple of times, then back to the same problem.
Deleting the history files doesn't help.
How can I delete the 'OffLine' files? I can't find them anyplace. Any idea?
Thanks

How can I delete

FourX:

No worries abou the data source. As I said, I'm not sure who it was: a moot point anyway as that isn't the problem.
I don't currently have a live account. Not going to until I can make a profit.
I did as you suggested, though I deleted ALL of the history files as I'm using Forex.Com and they have 3 demo servers, so with that and all of the time frames an all of the currecy pairs there were ~ 1,000 of them so deleted them all.
It worked: a couple of times, then back to the same problem.
Deleting the history files doesn't help.
How can I delete the 'OffLine' files? I can't find them anyplace. Any idea?
Thanks

How can I delete

Close all charts and close the Terminal. Delete everything in 'MT4\history\' folder and reopen Terminal -> there are no charts so the Terminal won't start downloading any data...

Now follow the steps here -> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/124612 to force download M1 data from your broker (the 'scroll back' method). Download only M1 data and use the conversion script to build other time-frames.

Hi Gordon,
VERY much appreciated!
As per your valid recommendation I wanted to use the NoDD, ECN, STP brokers data that I'm going to be using for my live acount. They don't have any downloadable form, so I ended up using the MetaQuotes data AGAIN. Then I saw your 'Scroll back' method, so I am using that now. A bit of a double edged sword for FxOpen.Com as they keep very little back data on file. Both of these factors are rather lame.
Am I correct that once I have all of the data converted to all of the time frames (like next week LoL) that I can then remove the data conversions script? As I am utilizing the later Optimized v1.4 that attaches to a chart as an indicator, so I'm wondering about leaving it on charts while I am trading and then it will continue to convert data accurately as new info is utilized? Any idea if this is a valid scenario? Wiht there bing no 'fixed intervals' in MQL5, that will prove to be 'interesting'. Quite frankly boredom is sometimes a good thing!
One thing that I am concerned about in the link that you proved for me is that it doesn't say to use 'OffLine' charts as it does in the information within the Period_Converter_Opt script itself? I'm just starting the conversion process, so I don't know if it will work with 'OnLine' charts or not. If you know, please post it here.

Again, your assistance is GREATLY appreciated in this matter. It has been very aggravating and a significant waste of time. I ‘authorize’ and recommend a ‘raise’ for you from MetaQuotes. But don’t recommend that you ask for it the form of a ‘percentage increase!’
Thanks again !

FourX:

Hi Gordon,
VERY much appreciated!
As per your valid recommendation I wanted to use the NoDD, ECN, STP brokers data that I'm going to be using for my live acount. They don't have any downloadable form, so I ended up using the MetaQuotes data AGAIN. Then I saw your 'Scroll back' method, so I am using that now. A bit of a double edged sword for FxOpen.Com as they keep very little back data on file. Both of these factors are rather lame.
Am I correct that once I have all of the data converted to all of the time frames (like next week LoL) that I can then remove the data conversions script? As I am utilizing the later Optimized v1.4 that attaches to a chart as an indicator, so I'm wondering about leaving it on charts while I am trading and then it will continue to convert data accurately as new info is utilized? Any idea if this is a valid scenario? Wiht there bing no 'fixed intervals' in MQL5, that will prove to be 'interesting'. Quite frankly boredom is sometimes a good thing!
One thing that I am concerned about in the link that you proved for me is that it doesn't say to use 'OffLine' charts as it does in the information within the Period_Converter_Opt script itself? I'm just starting the conversion process, so I don't know if it will work with 'OnLine' charts or not. If you know, please post it here.

Again, your assistance is GREATLY appreciated in this matter. It has been very aggravating and a significant waste of time. I ‘authorize’ and recommend a ‘raise’ for you from MetaQuotes. But don’t recommend that you ask for it the form of a ‘percentage increase!’
Thanks again !

Please have a look at these currently active threads on roughly the same subject, they contain a lot of other info and tips:

Regarding the conversion scripts... They have a slightly different intended use:

1. The period_converter script that comes with MT4 is intended to convert history data from a lower time-frame into a higher time-frame. Doing so will insure that later u won't get any 'unmatched' errors.
  2. The period_converter_opt indicator can be used for the same purpose and will do so much faster (hence - 'optimized'), but it has the added feature of real-time output which is good for producing a real-time offline chart with different time-frames than those supported by MT4 - which is the main reason for using it... If u want faster conversion or need a real-time offline chart then use the indicator, otherwise just use the script.
Reason: