which indicator or technical method to measure average height of a candle?

Hi i want to build a EA which should trade only when with the minimum specified height of the consecutive candles is being formed. want to know which indicator or technical method is adviced?

drbmgojanur:
Hi i want to build a EA which should trade only when with the minimum specified height of the consecutive candles is being formed. want to know which indicator or technical method is adviced?
Search in the codebase, the market or post a request in the Jobs section.

drbmgojanur:
average true range as known as ATR

doshur:
thank you, i didnt knew the terminology, thanks a lot :)

drbmgojanur:
thank you, i didnt knew the terminology, thanks a lot :)
you are welcome

doshur:
ATR may or may not match your needs, it's better to understand it before using it.

Hi drbmgojanur,

I think ATR may be good for you.

But if you are looking for doji ("Japanese candlesticks" by Elder) so there are 2 indicators about it:

The last indicator is giving the doji to you (doji is the candle where open and close are equal) as a blue dot. The theory behind this is here and here. And this article may help.

MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

EURUSD, M15, 2013.05.28

MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

doji

EURUSD, M15, 2013.05.28, MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

thank you newdigital

"Japanese candlesticksmainly explain the pattern of the price. ATR tell you the average range of the price.

I think ADX will be good for you too. Or you can just calculate the standarddev of price. They would tell you the strength and deviation of the market.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Chart Constants / Chart Representation
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Chart Constants / Chart Representation
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Chart Constants / Chart Representation - Documentation on MQL5

Just very small video about doji - video is accompanying by text so we can just read the text:

Reason: