Do you agree that Stop Loss and Take Profit affects the performance of a trading system (EA) ? - page 3

tonny:
TP and SL is real in trading not just theory. 
But only in the long-run, you can determine the mathematical expectation of your system. If you are profitable, only because of using higher lot sizes, having incurred losses previously, that would be a martingale. Theory underpins every aspect of trading.

tonny:
In my opinion tp and sl does help period. The break even curve doesn't determine profitability since as raptor himself said its not for trading. Funny how people try to force me to follow their way by arguing everytime i express my opinion while im the only transparent guy here with trading proof i bet some people are not even trading or are losing but are number one at arguing trading systems. You cant know the worst if you haven't found the best.
I can show you my results, made $55K from $2K balance, would you believe it ?If yes, you shouldn't because my friend traded my account for me. So telling that post the results, only then you ll accept is not going to prove you the point.

So your friend is the rightful person to argue here.

tonny:
So your friend is the rightful person to argue here.
Who is arguing ? No one, but the way you asked to prove oneself is not going to show the true results. :)

The shorter(closer) the SL and TP to entry of a position, the more it affect the performance of a trading system. Simply :)

Try optimizing your SL N TP while doing your back test, then you will know how setting the SL N TP. Can make or break any strategies!

Harvester:
The shorter(closer) the SL and TP to entry of a position, the more it affect the performance of a trading system. Simply :)
Yes, because the spread becomes a bigger percentage of the potential trade.  I don't think that is what this thread was about though . . .

geekbot:
Try optimizing your SL N TP while doing your back test, then you will know how setting the SL N TP. Can make or break any strategies!
Can you show some evidence to support this ?

Harvester:
You didn't mention how close the SL and TP should be. Traders pay more attention to SL than TP, as SL and Spread must be considered together. If its too close, then out entry accuracy must be very high.

Maybe my 'joke' was not enough clear.. 

Just meant, for my opinion: the more closer the SL/TP to the entry of a position, the more it affect WORSE the performance of a trading system:

in other words: me, personally,  i don't like scalping && don't like low-risk positions   ........  This gonna be more clear. 

Reason: