Protecting EA executable from de-compiling

I've seen a lot of posts about if it is possible to protect your ea from decompiling back to source code. Technically, it seems impossible. However, I think there is a strategy that will make it immensely difficult from a pure programming perspective. Its just applying Sun Tzu's ancient maxim about warfare-- "All warfare is based on some form of deception. If you are weak, make your enemy think you are strong..." What I would do is write a source code so convoluted with pointless and useless lines of code that only 5 percent will be the working code, and the remaining 95 per cent will be horse dung. However, make the horse dung APPEAR to be essential to the program with variable names that make sense and references to subroutines and calls to plausible but vacuous functions. It would take years for a programmer to figure out what the program is really doing!!! Cheers!

It sounds like a nice complicated idea so you must be a member of mensa. However if the code makes money why would you bother figuring out what it does? I would just run the ex4 file and get rich.

Source code obfuscation has been around for quite some time.

As has object code morphing.

They are a potential part of the protection toolkit, rather than a complete solution.

There are MQL obfuscation tools around, if you have a look.

CB

Ruptor wrote >>
It sounds like a nice complicated idea so you must be a member of mensa. However if the code makes money why would you bother figuring out what it does? I would just run the ex4 file and get rich.

Ruptor
wrote
>>

True. But there are many who want to market their software and protect it. Personally, if I had a barn-door-busting-off-the-hinges-program I would just use it for myself. I fear that if everyone traded on the same signals it may dilute the effectiveness of the program.

Reason: