Migrating a signal to a VPS.

Hi Guys,

I'm new to MT4 and the use of the VPS. I want to subscribe to a signal and use the VPS facility. I haven't done so yet as I need to follow the correct steps in order not to mess up. I don't have any other indicator or expert advisor, so do I :

1. Set up the financial products / associated charts on my main terminal first?

2. Register a new rented VPS.

3. Select "All" or "Signal" when migrating? This is the one I need information for? I don't know if the VPS requires the selected financial products on the terminal or not?

4. Am I correct that the tick box on the signals tab must select "Copy Stoploss and profit targets" and "Syncronize accounts without confirmation" need to be checked before migration?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

TBone99999

This is the general step-by-step instruction about what to do from the beginning (MT4, but I think - it is same steps for MT5 for example):

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

I cannot succesfully subscribe to [name of the signal was deleted] copytrade

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.01.10 15:10

Hello Andrea,

Try to follow the instructions below, its easier to subscribe to a signal through your MT4 plaftorm: 

1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register 

2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.

3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.

4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe. 

5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.

6. Select the paymet method and complete payment for your subscription.

7. In the Optons >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:

• Agree to the terms of use of the signals service
  • Enable real time signal subscription
  • Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit levels
  • Synchronise positions without confirmations

8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.

9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty. 

10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.

11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long. 

12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.

13. In the Virtual Hosting window that opens, click Next, then Next again, select the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value (right side of window) and click Next.

14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months, tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.

15. Complete your payment for the VPS Service and you are done. 

Sergey Golubev:

This is the general step-by-step instruction about what to do from the beginning (MT4, but I think - it is same steps for MT5 for example):

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for the info, however, I still need to know when migrating my terminal to the VPS with a signal, do I select migrating "All" or "Signal" during the process? I don't know if the signal alone on the VPS will merely follow whatever the provider is doing, or does my VPS also require the financial products that the provider follows along with the associated charts to be present on my VPS?

Looking forward to your answer.

Thanks

TBone99999

Tony Gwynne:
Hi Sergey,

Thanks for the info, however, I still need to know when migrating my terminal to the VPS with a signal, do I select migrating "All" or "Signal" during the process? I don't know if the signal alone on the VPS will merely follow whatever the provider is doing, or does my VPS also require the financial products that the provider follows along with the associated charts to be present on my VPS?

Looking forward to your answer.

Thanks

TBone99999
Product?
Signal is working without the market product or EA.

There is small article about it: How to Prepare a Trading Account for Migration to Virtual Hosting
but please note that incase of using the signal - you will not use any EA (you are using just signal only) so no need any EA or indicators for example.
How to Prepare a Trading Account for Migration to Virtual Hosting
How to Prepare a Trading Account for Migration to Virtual Hosting
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader client terminal is perfect for automating trading strategies. It has all tools necessary for trading robot developers ‒ powerful C++ based MQL4/MQL5 programming language, convenient MetaEditor development environment and multi-threaded strategy tester that supports distributed computing in MQL5 Cloud Network. In this article, you will find out how to move your client terminal to the virtual environment with all custom elements.

Sergey Golubev:
There is small article about it: How to Prepare a Trading Account for Migration to Virtual Hosting
but please note that incase of using the signal - you will not use any EA (you are using just signal only) so no need any EA or indicators for example.
The signal provider follows 13 instruments, GBPUSD, EURUSD etc. Copying signal only when migrating DOES NOT COPY CHARTS. Does this matter?

Thankyou for your patience, but I'm a little confused as to what is needed initially to setup the environment.

Tony Gwynne:
The signal provider follows 13 instruments, GBPUSD, EURUSD etc. Copying signal only when migrating DOES NOT COPY CHARTS. Does this matter?

Thankyou for your patience, but I'm a little confused as to what is needed initially to setup the environment.
My personal experience:
  • I had MQL5 VPS but without signal (to trade by EA);
  • I was a signal provider but I did not use VPS for that.
So, I did not use the signal with VPS ...

There are many users here who are using the signal with MQL5 VPS so they may reply to you based on their personal experience.
Because all my replies to this thread are based on official MQ replies and from the articles sorry.

If you want to copy and migrate only the signal your are copying, then you migrate signal only.

You don't have to complicate your VPS with loading charts or other aspects that you won't use. 

Eleni Anna Branou:

If you want to copy and migrate only the signal your are copying, then you migrate signal only.

You don't have to complicate your VPS with loading charts or other aspects that you won't use. 

Ok, so I don't need to have the instruments on my VPS that the signal provider follows, is that correct?

Yes, thats right.

Eleni Anna Branou:
Yes, thats right.
Thanks very much for the help Much appreciated!
Reason: