RSi with Moving Average in the same window. - page 2

I give up. not getting into this. everything is there for you to see. The original poster is satisfied with answers.

Edit: If I should be more specific, I will. After you drag, a window pops up. it allows you to change properties. you must change the apply to field. it defaults to close. change it to First Indicator Data.

Thank you. Learned something new every day.

Hi

How to use MA on RSI in an EA ? It seems it's not possible to applied to First Indicator Data with iMA() !

Has anyone a solution ?

Thanks

Matutin:

Hi

How to use MA on RSI in an EA ? It seems it's not possible to applied to First Indicator Data with iMA() !

Has anyone a solution ?

Thanks

- Setup 2 buffers
- Fill the first buffer with values from function iRSI(), set parameters accordingly
- then, use iMAOnArray() on previous rsi buffer...

cameofx wrote >>
- Setup 2 buffers
- Fill the first buffer with values from function iRSI(), set parameters accordingly
- then, use iMAOnArray() on previous rsi buffer...

So simple :)

Thks

circlesquares:

Sorry, but it IS possible. How meaningful is really up to the person experimenting. The moving average adapts to the indicator it is averaging. So it doesnt care what scale its on, it just averages. Very simple.

I did forget to mention that after you drag the moving average onto the RSI(the only way the combination will work), you must change the portion that says "apply to:" instead of close, change it to Previous indicators data or First Indicator data.

Sorry,

but this is not possible on my Mt4-platforms ( Forex4you-broker, GoMarkets-broker ).

The the apply to field does not show "Previous indicators" or "First indicator".

It only shows Close, Open, High, Low etc. but nowhere it shows the Previous indicator or First indicator.

This it is impossible for me to have the MA on the same chart-window as the RSI.

It looks like on some Mt4-platforms this is different, but I have no luck.

What broker do you use ?

Maybe I can download the platform and copy the Moving Average indicator from there.

Thanks

blogzr3:

Did you actually read my question? You said after, I asked before you drag.

I made a video on this subject for somebody else a while ago - sounds as though it may be relevant here though. The video just shows how to add a moving average to the RSI indicator.

Thank you very much, circlesquares. For sure it can be done. I've just done it.

Reason: