Automated Optimization - Terminal Window does not Open

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting the Automated Optimization method described at https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1467 to work. The code creates the optimise.ini file and copies it into the terminal folder successfully, but when the shell command is given to launch the terminal, I do not see any new window appear and no optimization is performed. Since the output .htm file is never produced, the script keeps trying to move the output file (prior to analyzing it) once every minute before it finally gives up. If I allow the script to run to this point and then shut down my MT4 instance before launching the same terminal command manually (/terminal.exe optimise.ini) from a new command shell window (in XP), then a new MT4 instance it opened and the optimization is performed correctly. It seems that invoking the shell command through the script is perhaps just changing the focus to the already-opened MT4 instance instead of launching a new instance and so the optimizer/tester is never invoked? This is just my guess.

Does anyone know how to remedy this issue or of any further tests I can perform to figure out what is going on? Thanks in advance for any kind assistance.

John

Any ideas anyone?

I also tried setting the "Profile=" flag to a non-default setting in the optimise.ini file to try to help convince terminal.exe that I want the process loaded in a new window but it was not impressed :)

Thanks,

John

Reason: