Trailing Stop : Does it work for you?

• 53% (78)
  • 47% (70)
Total voters: 148

I have tried numerous times to implement trailing stops into my EA but it does not help maximize any profit to any of my system.

So here we are to discuss those who had trailing stop and works for you. Please kindly share what is your concept of trailing stops.

Thanks 

Hi Doshur !

Nice poll. Yes, same has happened with me. Since prices move in waves, even in huge trends, prices pull back, and here, we can't maximise profits from a trade. A 1200-GBPJPY trend and then a 600-pip pull back destroyed my trade because I was using TS.

Thanks 

I thought that it was only me who has this problem... So theory was not that practical instead.

Maybe those who had some success with trailing stops can share their concept. 

From my experiments trailing stop reduced profits. It think the situation where trailing stop would be helpful is very rare if you optimise your system well. An equal stops system is more viable in different market conditions than trailing stop. Thats my opinion.

tonny:
From my experiments trailing stop reduced profits. It think the situation where trailing stop would be helpful is very rare if you optimise your system well. An equal stops system is more viable in different market conditions than trailing stop. Thats my opinion.
you mean break even?

Only 9 voted that trailing stop helps to optimize.

Can the 9 share how trailing stops are used? 

I experienced losses as said above using TS, but when the trades in profit, profit locking is much better than TS.

i myself use ts by divided destination pips (tp) into 3 division. example, if the tp 45 pips, then my ts is 15 pips. not much but safe.

aca:
i myself use ts by divided destination pips (tp) into 3 division. example, if the tp 45 pips, then my ts is 15 pips. not much but safe.
does it maximize your profit compare to hard TP?

Hi Doshur,

My opinion is that Trailing Stop purpose is to avoid losing accumulated profits when some unpredictable events occur,

overall it can be usefull if the stops are placed at calculated points, I personally used the parabolic sar points to trail the stop loss.

KR.

Parabolic SAR
Parabolic SAR
  • votes: 7
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
The Parabolic SAR Indicator was developed for analyzing the trending markets.
Reason: