Does broker and lot size affect trading frequency of an EA?

I'm running the same EA on three MT4 accounts. One relatively large account and a smaller account with the same broker. And another smaller account with another broker.

Although I'm running the same EA and same timeframe on all of three accounts, they very often don't trade the same way. Often the large account does not open any trades while the other two do. But sometimes also one of the smaller accounts (with different brokers) does not open any trades while the other one does. 

So I'm wondering what influences whether the EA opens positions?

Does a large lot size cause the EA not to open trades sometimes? Would it be better to open several accounts and spread the balance amongst them to decrease the lot size? Will that help?

And why, with equal balance, do two brokers trade differently? How can that be avoided?

I'd really appreciate any feedback. Thanks! 

peterlu100:

Does a large lot size cause the EA not to open trades sometimes?

Would it be better to open several accounts and spread the balance amongst them to decrease the lot size? Will that help?

And why, with equal balance, do two brokers trade differently?

1. Its code and the market (chart.)

2. Only if it exceeds broker limits and EA doesn't check and report errors.
              Requirements and Limitations in Making Trades - Appendixes - MQL4&Tutorial
              What are Function return values ? How do I use them ? - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum
              Common Errors in MQL4 Programs and How to Avoid Them - MQL4 Articles

3. Define "better." Unless you are reaching the maximum lot size allowed, it won't be a big thing. But I would do that just for risk control. Or just put most of the balance in a bank and increase the risk by the corresponding amount (e.g. change $100K @ 1% to $50L @ 3%.)

4. Brokers do not trade, EAs trade. Different brokers, different charts, EA isn't stable under small market changes.

peterlu100:

I'm running the same EA on three MT4 accounts. One relatively large account and a smaller account with the same broker. And another smaller account with another broker.

Although I'm running the same EA and same timeframe on all of three accounts, they very often don't trade the same way. Often the large account does not open any trades while the other two do. But sometimes also one of the smaller accounts (with different brokers) does not open any trades while the other one does. 

Does a large lot size cause the EA not to open trades sometimes? Would it be better to open several accounts and spread the balance amongst them to decrease the lot size? Will that help?

And why, with equal balance, do two brokers trade differently? How can that be avoided?

I'd really appreciate any feedback. Thanks! 

It depends of the EA logic but generally talking if it's on the same broker account's balance shouldn't affect trade frequency. Are these EA running on the same VPS ? 

whroeder1:
  1. Its code and the market (chart.)

2. Only if it exceeds broker limits and EA doesn't check and report errors.
              Requirements and Limitations in Making Trades - Appendixes - MQL4&Tutorial
              What are Function return values ? How do I use them ? - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum
              Common Errors in MQL4 Programs and How to Avoid Them - MQL4 Articles

3. Define "better." Unless you are reaching the maximum lot size allowed, it won't be a big thing. But I would do that just for risk control. Or just put most of the balance in a bank and increase the risk by the corresponding amount (e.g. change $100K @ 1% to $50L @ 3%.)

4. Brokers do not trade, EAs trade. Different brokers, different charts, EA isn't stable under small market changes.

Thanks a lot for your answers! It is highly appreciated!! 

By "better" I meant that the EA does not "miss" trades. As mentioned, the same EA's often only open positions on one of my three MT4 accounts.

Ok, so you say the lot size (range between 0.1 and 10) has nothing to do with the EA opening positions. Also in a EA which does scalping? 

Perhaps the EA does not execute if the spread is not tight enough? Could that account for the different EA execution in the different accounts? 

What part of "Its code and the market (chart,)" is unclear?

Icham Aidibe:

It depends of the EA logic but generally talking if it's on the same broker account's balance shouldn't affect trade frequency. Are these EA running on the same VPS ? 

Thank you for your answer. The two MT4's with the same broker (one account large and the other small) is on the same VPS. The other account is on another VPS.  

whroeder1:
What part of "Its code and the market (chart,)" is unclear?

The two accounts have the same broker and the same EA on equal timeframe. The only difference is the balance (and therefore lot size).

peterlu100:

The two accounts have the same broker and the same EA on equal timeframe. The only difference is the balance (and therefore lot size).

Not within the EA or EA input settings. There could be more differences.

Same symbol?

How is the magic no handled?

Enrique Dangeroux:

Not within the EA or EA input settings. There could be more differences.

Same symbol?

How is the magic no handled?

Thanks for your help. The settings I can control are the same as far as I can tell. Only difference: I'm using an "Allocated fixed fund amount for auto lot" setting with different funds allocated. 

Yes, same symbol. 

I did not change the magic number. Left it at the default. I thought it did not matter if being used in two different MT4's and accounts. 

Read this, point no 2 https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1359
Reason: