WindowsScreenShot()

I have been using WindowsScreenShot() in strategic spots in my code to assist in debugging one of my EAs. This EA makes iCustom() calls to several indicators which I would like to see on the screen shots. Forward testing is no problem, as I already have the indicators on the charts. Backtesting in visual mode, similarly, is no problem, as I can pause the strategy tester as soon as it starts to drop the indicators on the chart and resume, however running backtest in visual mode takes forever. I can't find a way to display the desired indicators on the screenshots if not running Strategy Tester in visual mode.

Does anyone have a suggestion for the ability to do this?

Thanks

I believe iCustom() is not allowed in strategy tester and does not show in visual mode. This is a problem with MT4. Here is the documentation describing the issue with iCustom():

The execution of iCustom() does not require the attachment of a corresponding indicator to a security window. As well as the call of iCustom() from any application program does not result in the attachment of a corresponding indicator to a security window.

also link is here: https://book.mql4.com/samples/shared

kknollman:

I have been using WindowsScreenShot() in strategic spots in my code to assist in debugging one of my EAs. This EA makes iCustom() calls to several indicators which I would like to see on the screen shots. Forward testing is no problem, as I already have the indicators on the charts. Backtesting in visual mode, similarly, is no problem, as I can pause the strategy tester as soon as it starts to drop the indicators on the chart and resume, however running backtest in visual mode takes forever. I can't find a way to display the desired indicators on the screenshots if not running Strategy Tester in visual mode.

Does anyone have a suggestion for the ability to do this?

Thanks

StooperTwada 2010.07.09 20:59
I believe iCustom() is not allowed in strategy tester and does not show in visual mode. This is a problem with MT4. Here is the documentation describing the issue with iCustom():

What.....???? Can someone who really know mt comment on the above notion.

kknollman, I read a post a few days ago about creating templates which you can attach to your back-test as soon as it starts. I don't know if that's gonna solve your problem or not. You may want to look into that. I don't think any indicator/oscillator shows up visually in Non-visual mode -hence- non-visual mode. Maybe you can attach them at the end by using the "open chart" command above where you enter the dates. I just discovered that lately.

edit*- The original post is from 2009 lolz... I needed that. 

StooperTwada:

The execution of iCustom() does not require the attachment of a corresponding indicator to a security window. As well as the call of iCustom() from any application program does not result in the attachment of a corresponding indicator to a security window.

also link is here: https://book.mql4.com/samples/shared

I'm not sure I understand.... all functions in EA's work independently of what indicators are displayed on the chart... including iCustom() and no coded indicator function will result in the indicator appearing on the chart. In this regard, iCustom behaves in exactly the same way as all other functions in tester...

V

Reason: