MT4 oriented desktop

Hi All,

I am going to switch with MT4 testing/optimization from my 2.5 Centrino 2 duo laptop (4gb ram, 7200rpm hdd) to a desktop.

What kind of configuration should I choose to boost my performance with testing?

Is i7 platform worth going for. I read that i7 quad core processor is actually installing itself as 8 processors (4cores x 2threads). Does it mean that MT4 would only by utilizing 1/8 of its processing power?

Any experience and suggestions regarding optimum hardware for MT4-->MT5 ?

Try to translate with google this discussion 'AMD или Intel а так-же бренд memory'

stringo wrote >>
Try to translate with google this discussion 'AMD или Intel а так-же бренд memory'

what totally amazes me is the activity on .ru site!

33 pages since post.1 on 12.09.2009 the 21:39

thanks for link stringo, always a heavy journey visiting that site but sure 'focuses' the mind interpreting the interpretation :)

stringo:

thanks for that, unfortunately translators are not as good as they should be, but I should get there

See table (3-rd post) and scores(last post) on the page 28

stringo:
See table (3-rd post) and scores(last post) on the page 28

yeah, I saw it and still don't fully understand the results. what do example columns mean (e.g. "37.91*3.72=141.03"). It was more clear to me when people presented their time of optimization.

I followed the general discussion and compared different benchmarks. That's great technical discussion you have there. It's a pity that so few technical people are over on English forum.

Reason: