I'm looking for 10 live testers - page 2

conan68 wrote >>
I do not get your point about Obama. US must be proud to get him instead of Bush, who fucked it up.

both

DougRH4x wrote >>

Hi LE Hayes,

Alas I am currently in the same financial straits as you, and likely worse off. I foolishly didn't follow the very good advice I heard everywhere not to start live trading until a minimum of 6 months and concrete evidence that I am making money on demoing first before starting live trading. I blew the only startup capital that I had for the ForEx, which is now on my credit cards and is still owing and past due )< 8) Doubling my account the first day of live trading most definitely helped to sucker me in and make me over confident. However I then spent the next week trying to hang onto it. After that I had a couple of trades that I let got too far into the red on me and ended up married to them that I went to bed and left them running in the hopes that they would reverse their current trends. Needless to say I woke up the next day and learned very clearly what a 'margin call' is the hard and expensive way. Alimony of any type is always very expensive! Obviously I’m a new comer to the ForEx. Being a ‘know it all’ can be very expensive at times, on lots of different levels! I am however taking an extensive, intensive & expensive primarily technical ForEx trading tutoring and mentoring program. I just wish that I would have done it before I started Live trading or I got ripped off for ~ $6,000 CAD on an ‘internet marketing scheme’ and scam. I could of got, and now have the same info that they provided to me for less than a couple of hundred USD and most of which I got for free (including a Trojan )< 8) --> I won’t be partaking in that particular lesson) There idea of intensive and extensive interactive training by people experienced and successful at it was one short phone call and 3 eMails They charged exorbitant prices for EVERYTING on top of what I had already paid. It also took me a whole very frustrating day just trying to get a Domain name registered and their web hosting that they likewise overcharged for heavily setup. The couple of techies that 'assisted me' in these fiascoes had never even been to either the Domain registration or WebHosting sites that they were supposed to know inside out and had even less of a clue than I did about them )< 8)

I posted a plea for programmers (under my previous nick of ‘DougRH’) to put an adjustable SL (& preferably a TSL as well) onto the very hot and prolifically trading generated by Martingale code such as PipMaker and with hedging pairs such as RubberBands. Utilizing them as Scalpers, which they are exceptional at due to the very rapid and profuse quantity of trades they make and keeping a tight SL on all trades and closing all of the losers out as soon as it is clear that they are losing money. When I correct for this inherent downfall of these types of AEs which keeps inexorably draining accounts dry if left unchecked in spite of the numerous profitable positions and manually either closing the clear losing trades myself ASAP or by adding SLs to the trades, they are profuse income generators in pretty well any currency, time frame or market conditions, especially the VERY prolific PipMaker. It shifts the ratio of winners and losers dramatically and the returns on them are very significant and add up very quickly. Like others in this area that realize this, if no one else will program them I will track down the needed code ‘sub-routines’ and splice the module into them myself if I have to. These would then make anyone that used them very wealthy very quickly.

However that is not what your current interests or needs are and what you are looking for. But like you, it does illustrate my similar serious and keen interests in this area as well. I am not in a position to ‘Live trade’ it at the moment for you, though I would be open to looking at it and if it appears to have a good chance of success I will run it on a demo account for you and forward test it and provide you with the data you are seeking. While not EXACTLY the same as Live testing it, it does generate data very close to live trading data, especially with the right brokers. (We could use Data’s ‘Positronic Brain’ in this field for sure! Lol (< 8) If I am convinced, when I have the necessary funds to do live testing, I would be open to it. Though hopefully by then you will already have the data you need and have finished fine tuning it by the time I was in a position to do this for you (< 8)

I am also promoting the idea that everyone that is making very good profits from successful AEs that others freely publish and share with others that we ALL start paying 1% of our net ForEx gains from these EAs to either the Authors of them such as yourself or whomever else they would like it to go to. This small amount for traders is insignificant and will hardly be noticeable at all, but like the ForEx itself, the InterNet potentially makes the large quantity of end users a VERY 'highly leveraged' income source for those such as yourself that have put a lot of 'Time In': effort, energy and money to and come up with a publish (very) successful AEs and can also make very significant returns for them. 'Experience comes before Expertise even in the Dictionary' It is only fair for those of us who generate significant wealth from others work that we paid nothing upfront for and allowed us to make and gather such very large and ongoing incomes with very little time or money.

If you have any interest in any of this and I can help you out as described or if you want to want too explore any other ideas or options please feel free to contact me.

……………………………………………..………………………..Good Luck and Prosperous Trading (< 8)

DougRH4x

Shoot me an email. Though your conversation got off track, I recognize the wisdom from the experience. I would be delighted to have your knowledge on board, as well as your extra test data.

Currently up to 5 testers now. half way to closing the offer.

What are u profiting from..............the trend or mean reversion? You should know this.

DougRH4x wrote >>

Hi LE Hayes,

I got notice of your response in my hotmail. I've been busy battling the HeurEngine.Packed.Themida.RGa infection which has been propagating through my system like crazy. I picked it up of an EA that I downloaded from the MQL4 website recently, most likely from the jMasterRSX AE including files that are named RSX*. Just warning you about it. I will post it to the MQL4 web site as well.

It sounds like you are going to get the 10 live testers that you need: Great (< 8)

I appreciate your invitation, but I'm not sure what value I could be for you as I'm such a new comer to the ForEx, including programming for it. Though I possess decent basic math skills including Trigonometry, and would have to dust off my Calculus skills, I know virtually nothing about statists or advanced mathematics. I don't know if you are using Trig, but I'll pass a memory aid that I picked in Machining school decades ago. To this day I can instantly recall it and do all Trig with it. Take the phrase 'soak a toe' and phonetically it can be said as : 'soh cah toa' Which translates into :

Sine = Opposite over the Hypotinuse : S = O/H

CoSine = Adjacentover the Hypotinuse : CoS = A/H

Tangent = Opposite over Adjacent : T = O/A

The first thing that I do whenever I encounter a Trig problem is to say the phrase sounding it out like the later 'translation' and then quickly jot the 3 abbreviated equations down and I'm off and running.

As I said, I'm not sure what I could add to your project, but I will take a look at it in more detail soon to see what you’re up to and what your approach is.

Did you get notification about the upcoming largest ForEx AE competition that is the most lucrative one ever? 1st place is a million USD, 2nd 1/2 M USD, and 10 runner up prizes of $100,000 I believe it is. If you are interested in i and need the info let me know and I'll send you the URL.

You know how to contact me if you want to. My LandLine is a VOIP from my cable modem/TV supplier so my phone rates in north America are very reasonable: especially on weekend and after 6 PM MST I think the rates drop down. We can also do VoiceCom over most of the Free IMs out there now as well. I use Skype for my ForEx tutoring and mentoring sessions.

Good luck with it! I hope it does VERY well for you.

DougRH4x

doug, you are reserved as one of the 10, I will hold it for you. Just hit me up when you are ready.

Renovatio wrote >>
What are u profiting from..............the trend or mean reversion? You should know this.

Now that I have had some sleep, I can say trend mostly, but also mean reversion. It was designed to be a scalper on the 1M, works a lot better on a 1H. The bollingers are being used as the triggers, then using a trailing stop loss at a specific pip min to get out of the trades.

LEHayes:

Now that I have had some sleep, I can say trend mostly, but also mean reversion. It was designed to be a scalper on the 1M, works a lot better on a 1H. The bollingers are being used as the triggers, then using a trailing stop loss at a specific pip min to get out of the trades.

LEHayes,

I sent you an E-mail to your hotmail address (about an hour and a half ago). I'd like to give your EA a shot, and at least see how it pans out (to help with testing it). Please reserve me a spot as one of your testers.

Thanks,

Hi LE,

Thank you very much. But you know that at this point in time I could only forward test it for you on a demo account. If you are unable to find enough people to help live test if for you, I can and will run a demo forward test for you. But if you can get the 10 live testers that you want and need, please go ahead and do so. If you want to bank role me to live test it, I will split any profits with you 50/50.

That being said, I had better take a look and see what you are up to, though I hope that I made it very clear to you that this is all quite new to me so I most definitely don't know and understand many of the finer points that I have seen posted here by others who have put much more ‘Time In' which there is no substitute for. Still there is value in me testing it for you in my situation as there will be others in the same position that I am in that will utilize your AE. Thus you would get feedback for new comers like me as well as (hopefully) from some very experienced ForEx programmers and traders. However I do know enough to recognize and understand at least the basics of what the results line on the testing/results graphs and text summaries show and what the primary results indicate. If I am forward trading it on a demo account for you to supply you with more data that you need, I will do my best for you and take due diligence to trade it the same as if it was my own money in a live account the best that I can.

I am wondering what sort of parameters that you wish this testing to be done on? Will you supply the documentation of your AE as if it was a commercial product ready to be marketed and then have your beta testers do the same as most would under these conditions which is to run the AE at their discretion and make the occasional eMail to ‘support’ when they need it OR do you want the testers to have ongoing feedback, collaboration, education and instructions on settings and approaches from you as the testing progresses?

Regardless of how this plays out with me I hope that this proves to be a winner for you.

Hi Le,

I see that due to my inexperience here I ended up posting one of my responses to you twice, please delete one of them.

LEHayes wrote >>

your broker

Ill test it

Reason: